Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/21/2012 9:53 am  #1

Recruiting

Looks like Watkins will be the only early signee. Meanwhile a new name has surfaced.

Kyle Neddenriep�� @KyleNeddenriep

Rashad Richardson (Lafayette Jeff/Kiski Prep, 2013 guard) no longer committed to IPFW. Pitt, Rutgers, Duquesne, Manhattan have inquired.

11/21/2012 10:56 am  #2

Re: Recruiting

If Watkins is the only signee, that will be certainly disappointing.  (Not in him, just that only one player was signed early)

I always thought that was a weakness of the former regime.  The non-ability to sign players in the early signing period.

11/21/2012 12:01 pm  #3

With only one additional scholarship to offer; it is important to get the right guy.  He must be able to contribute instantly as a scoring threat; so it isn't a concern that they didn't fill both scholarships early.

11/21/2012 12:08 pm  #4

I am not that dissapointed as we only have two scholarships to give.  Watkins is a great signing, and hopefully we can get another good one in the Spring.  This kid Richardson looks to be the real deal.  He is an article a friend of mine sent me.

http://triblive.com/sports/hssports/basketball/2988291-85/freedman-kiski-prep-basketball-weekend-division-richardson-schools-cougars-whose#axzz2Cs09oDSV

Good to see Dave Mackall in print again.

11/21/2012 10:20 pm  #5

Don't forget we have the  transfer from UAB sitting out -- depending on when Datt comes back there could be 4 players added next year who did not play this year which is 25%(more or less) of the roster.

11/22/2012 6:12 pm  #6

Amother name surfaced

Josh Paunil†@JoshPaunilNRS

Duquesne contacted 2013 DC Assault/Massanutten Military Academy SF Rashard Kelly today.

11/27/2012 8:17 pm  #7

Another name...  Duane Notice a 2013 6-foot-2 combo guard.   He is from Canada and is spending his senior season at St. Thomas More (CT).  He is being recruited Duquesne along with a large numer of high major schools per Recruit Scoop.  Hopefully we can get another Canadian blue chipper along with Watkins.

11/27/2012 8:40 pm  #8

CLK wrote:

Another name...  Duane Notice a 2013 6-foot-2 combo guard.   He is from Canada and is spending his senior season at St. Thomas More (CT).  He is being recruited Duquesne along with a large numer of high major schools per Recruit Scoop.  Hopefully we can get another Canadian blue chipper along with Watkins.

I didn't think it would be possible, but I think we have a better surname in 2013 recruiting than Severe.

Thanks for the update.

11/27/2012 9:16 pm  #9

If we are lucky enough to land Notice. I am thinking a Canadian flag will need to be hung in Palumbo.   (happy)

11/27/2012 9:39 pm  #10

I would absolutely love to get this kid.  I just hope we land one of the recruits we are going after.  They seem like a reach, but I wouldn't have expected us to get Watkins either.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

11/27/2012 9:43 pm  #11

Apparently I need two posts before I can put a link.  I'm glad to be apart of this board.  I'm going to the Dukes game on Saturday and can't wait!

11/27/2012 9:44 pm  #12

11/27/2012 10:37 pm  #13

CLK wrote:

If we are lucky enough to land Notice. I am thinking a Canadian flag will need to be hung in Palumbo.   (happy)

I wouldn't argue against it.

11/28/2012 9:25 am  #14

Simms, thanks for the video link.  Seems like a nice, well spoken young man.

11/28/2012 1:26 pm  #15

Kid has a nice touch on his shot.

12/19/2012 12:52 pm  #16

Alex Kline�� @TheRecruitScoop

Duquesne has offered 2013 St. Thomas More (CT) guard Duane Notice, his coach said.

Notiice is a highly recruited 6'3" guard from Canada

The Dukes have also offered another Canadian Mikyle McIntosh

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/143881/mikyle-mcintosh

Last edited by CLK (12/19/2012 1:00 pm)

12/19/2012 1:50 pm  #17

Two offers.  Any chance someone is leaving?  I realize that schools typically offer more than one person at a time, but I would be pretty stoked if we could land 3 solid recruits for next year.  Also, If someone left, I would assume it would be one of Ron's players so the backlash of Ferry running off players would hopefully be low.

12/19/2012 2:18 pm  #18

Simms wrote:

Two offers.  Any chance someone is leaving?  I realize that schools typically offer more than one person at a time, but I would be pretty stoked if we could land 3 solid recruits for next year.  Also, If someone left, I would assume it would be one of Ron's players so the backlash of Ferry running off players would hopefully be low.

McIntosh got his offer a while ago.

12/19/2012 2:18 pm  #19

I am never surprised when someone leaves any program. The guys on the end of the bench come in thinking they are good enough to play. when that doesn't happen some of them are going to leave. It happens everywhere.

12/19/2012 2:23 pm  #20

WashPaRick wrote:

I am never surprised when someone leaves any program. The guys on the end of the bench come in thinking they are good enough to play. when that doesn't happen some of them are going to leave. It happens everywhere.

A new coach usually gets a pass when it comes to easing out a player or two from the old regime. It only becomes a problem, when players are being shown the door every year. That's when other coaches can use it against you.

12/19/2012 2:26 pm  #21

I saw where we were recruiting Richardson from the Kiski School and we were previously after Canady. Seems like that could be a good pipeline if we could open it up. Looks like a lot of talent passes through there. About time we see someone from San Antonio on our radar you would think.

12/19/2012 2:44 pm  #22

WashPaRick wrote:

I saw where we were recruiting Richardson from the Kiski School and we were previously after Canady. Seems like that could be a good pipeline if we could open it up. Looks like a lot of talent passes through there. About time we see someone from San Antonio on our radar you would think.

Everyone talks about Texas for it's football. It's been one of the best hotbeds for basketball over the last few years.

12/27/2012 7:59 am  #23

Per Recruit Scoop Jon Severe is mainly considering St. Bonaventure, Duquesne and Alabama with Florida State and Virginia Tech involved.  To decide soon.

12/27/2012 10:38 am  #24

Zach Braziller�� @NYPost_Brazille

Christ the King shooting guard Jon Severe has changed his mind and decided he's not ready to pick a school yet, he tells me.

It could be that the new offers may have swayed him to wait.

Alabama & Georgia have offered 2013 Christ The King (NY) SG Jon Severe

Last edited by CLK (12/27/2012 10:43 am)

12/27/2012 11:48 am  #25

CLK wrote:

Zach Braziller�� @NYPost_Brazille

Christ the King shooting guard Jon Severe has changed his mind and decided he's not ready to pick a school yet, he tells me.

It could be that the new offers may have swayed him to wait.

Alabama & Georgia have offered 2013 Christ The King (NY) SG Jon Severe

Ugh! That's what I was afraid of. The big schools are starting to swoop in, and if the better big schools begin to get involved, we may be in trouble.

Board footera