Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/28/2013 2:34 pm  #301

Re: Recruiting

WashPaRick wrote:

If what I'm seeing on the A-10 message board is right Scout has us tied for 4th best recruiting class in the A-10.

That's what it will take to become a top 4-5 team in the league.

5/28/2013 2:35 pm  #302

WashPaRick wrote:

If what I'm seeing on the A-10 message board is right Scout has us tied for 4th best recruiting class in the A-10.

Rick do you have a link?  Thanks.

5/28/2013 5:15 pm  #303

Rick I think I found the link to the list you are referencing.  It is not accurate as it was last updated 3/4/13 and only shows three stars and above per the Scout database. It is not meaningful in my opinion.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&cfg=bb&c=14&yr=2013

39. Dayton
47. Rhode Island
61. VCU
96. Duqesne
96. George Mason
124. Richmond
124. SLU
NR - Fordham, George Washington, La Salle, Massachusetts, St. Bonaventure, and St. Joseph's

Last edited by CLK (5/28/2013 5:33 pm)

5/28/2013 6:01 pm  #304

I'm entertaining hopes that the recruiting class proves to be better than 96th best in the country. 96th best, on a yearly basis, does not lead to NCAA tourneys. I know, it could be a step function and next year a better class comes in. Or it could be less of a class, if there are lots of returning underclassmen starters, as Steve noted. 

I do believe this year's group, with the addition of Soko, will make for a much better season.

5/28/2013 6:53 pm  #305

Thanks CLK. I guess class rankings will probably start showing up in the near future.

5/28/2013 11:40 pm  #306

CLK wrote:

Rick I think I found the link to the list you are referencing.  It is not accurate as it was last updated 3/4/13 and only shows three stars and above per the Scout database. It is not meaningful in my opinion.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&cfg=bb&c=14&yr=2013

39. Dayton
47. Rhode Island
61. VCU
96. Duqesne
96. George Mason
124. Richmond
124. SLU
NR - Fordham, George Washington, La Salle, Massachusetts, St. Bonaventure, and St. Joseph's

I'm sorry, but after scanning through this report it's reminicent of scanning a Sport's Illustrated magazine with "the latest recruiting rankings" while waiting for my anti-psychotic pills in the drugstore. The information is dated, inaccurate, re-hashed information, whose only intent is to get you to buy the magazine. Watkins: 205 pounds. Really? Even without putting on my smugged, rose-colored glasses I can confindently project that this year's recruits are better than the 96th ranked class in the nation. Too bad they didn't rank by potential recruited-player quality instead of by school reputation over the years. The test will be be a  year or more, but I'm sticking with the claim that someone was too lazy and apathetic to do any real research after a certain number of schools was reached. gotta go, they just called Napoleon, so my pills are ready.

5/29/2013 9:40 am  #307

Apluski, that's why I never give those things a second thought. Let me guess the top schools ... Kentucky? Duke? Couple Big East schools? Ohio State? Maybe any school for which the publication or network has its nose shoved firmly in the back end of a beloved coach (who can cheat all he wants)?

I like this recruiting class. I hope especially the large freshman class stays together four years so we can see the program truly develop. I know it's a stacked class but the other half of the scholies will be all underclassmen.

=14pxGo Dukes!

6/03/2013 11:26 am  #308

✨Fresh Prince of LP✨ ‏@Mr_LP11 47mMe and @TheReal_11_RMS going down to Duquesne to visit this week #Duquesne #Dukes then philly in 2 weeks to visit #temple and #st.joseph

Translation:  Elijah Minnie & Ryan Skovranko will be visiting DU this week.  Not sure if it is an official or unofficial visit.  Both are considered top Pittsburgh area players along with the Luther twins we are recruiting.

Elijah Minnie (Summit Academy)
6'8" Forward

Ryan Skovranko (Lincoln Park)
6'5" Wing/Forward

http://www.pittsburghbasketballreport.com/PBR2014.html

6/03/2013 4:14 pm  #309

Elijah Minnie has most likely been to Dukes games at Palumbo Center already.  Sam Costanzo, founder of Summit Academy, is a long time season ticket holder who sits a few rows in front of me and he often has up to a dozen kids from Summit at the games.

Minnie has bounced around from Monessen to Lincoln Park and now to Summit which is a private school that gets kids that are court adjudicated.  He's had some turmoil in his life and hopefully that is now behind him.

6/03/2013 8:55 pm  #310

Thanks for the info VBC. 

Mike Richardson ‏@Richardsonmike2 2014 (PA) SF Ryan Skovranko will be at Duquesne tomorrow for an unofficial visit.

6/10/2013 5:00 pm  #311

Coast 2 Coast Hoops ‏@Coast2CoastHoop 2014 The City (NY) forward Mustafa Jones has picked up offers from Duquesne, Davidson, Montana State and Denver

6/12/2013 5:01 pm  #312

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop Duquesne hosted 2015 Team Adidas (PA) forwards Elijah Minnie & Ryan Skovranko for unofficial visits on Tuesday, a source said.

I saw that yesterday.  Minnie also said he can't wait for his Official Visit. 

6/12/2013 6:04 pm  #313

CLK wrote:

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop Duquesne hosted 2015 Team Adidas (PA) forwards Elijah Minnie & Ryan Skovranko for unofficial visits on Tuesday, a source said.

Minnie sounds like a beast. Skoranko recruiting could explode at any time.  It would be real nice to tap into that Lincoln Park pipeline. The Beaver Valley is producing some very good athletes and they seem like they're at the center of it. Both these guys seem like a good fits for Ferry's system and would be an outstanding package deal.

6/12/2013 6:25 pm  #314

steve19981 wrote:

CLK wrote:

Minnie sounds like a beast. Skoranko recruiting could explode at any time.  It would be real nice to tap into that Lincoln Park pipeline. The Beaver Valley is producing some very good athletes and they seem like they're at the center of it. Both these guys seem like a good fits for Ferry's system and would be an outstanding package deal.

I absolutely agree. Here is some video on these guys.

6/12/2013 7:54 pm  #315

6/12/2013 9:55 pm  #316

Minnie's got a great first step towards the basketball. He generates a lot of speed quickly for a big man. Seems to have good court awareness, although at the next level the players on the court are taller. Skovranko has nice touch on his shot, but I think if he wants to stay at the off guard spot he'll need to work on his ballhandling skills a little. Both kids are great-looking players. I know it's three minutes of highlight reel, but it's enough to know they have some skills.

6/13/2013 7:50 am  #317

the Dukes need to sign Minnie.  But I doubt we will be the only ones.  Pitt will eventually knock on his door, I believe.

6/24/2013 2:36 pm  #318

Luther updates:

David Schneider ‏@BigShotsSkills Duquesne, GW, New Hampshire & St Francis (PA) have offered Collin Luther 2014 6'6 SF Hampton (PA) (Maryland 3D).

David Schneider ‏@BigShotsSkills Duquesne, Virginia Tech, Dayton are showing the most interest in BIG SHOTS standout Ryan Luther 2014 6'6 G Hampton (PA) (Maryland 3D).

As posted earlier DU has offered both brothers.

http://blogs.post-gazette.com/sports/varsity-blog/37917-duquesne-offers-other-luther-twin?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Last edited by CLK (6/24/2013 2:39 pm)

7/10/2013 8:55 pm  #319

7/11/2013 6:34 am  #320

A new offer

Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits 7hDuquesne has offered 2014 New Jersey Roadrunners forward Ishmael Sanogo.

Found this about him

Ishmael Sanogo, New Jersey Roadrunners, 2014 6-foot-6 combo forward - Lean and lanky, Sanogo does it all at the forward spot. He can face up, take his defender to the basket or knock down the open shot. His motor is terrific and Sanogo always crashes the boards. Right now, he must be labeled a combo forward because his handle and outside shot still need work. His intangibles in the post and energy are second to none, though. Penn, Buffalo, George Mason, Wagner and Delaware have offered, while West Virginia and Creighton are showing some interest. With no unofficial visits under his belt at the moment, he plans on tripping to Penn and Buffalo in the near future. West Virginia Elite Camp is another potential destination this summer. If he can transform himself into a full time small forward, or at least a true combo forward, his future is looking bright.

7/12/2013 9:06 pm  #321

New offer

Jordan Fair ‏@Jordan_Fair Oldsmar Christian 2014 6'4 SG Troy Holston ends the day with new offers from Utah State, USF, Murray State, Ole Miss, and Duquesne. #OC

And this update

Mike Richardson ‏@Richardsonmike2 LSU,Kansas State,Michigan,JMU, Duquesne,La Salle,Louisville,and Kent State are all now expressing interest in 2014 (PA) SF Ryan Skovranko.

Last edited by CLK (7/12/2013 9:09 pm)

7/13/2013 12:33 pm  #322

Another offer.

Eric Bossi ‏@ebosshoops The Suggs family out of St. Louis is as solid as they come. Great people with good kids. Senior to be Ronnie picks up Duquesne offer today

Ronnie Suggs 6'5" SG/SF St. Louis

http://stlhoopsinsider.org/suggs-breakout.html

Last edited by CLK (7/13/2013 12:38 pm)

7/13/2013 4:35 pm  #323

Yet another offer today

Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits 2014 Northside Christian (NC) G Keyshawn Woods has received offers from Campbell & Duquesne. (h/t @Team_CLT) @Key1532

http://phenomhoopreport.com/a-closer-look-at-keyshawn-woods/

Last edited by CLK (7/13/2013 8:52 pm)

7/13/2013 7:55 pm  #324

and yet another offer this weekend.

Putnam Science Acad. ‏@PSAHOOPS Duquesne becomes the 1st school to offer 6'8" PF Chaise Daniels for 2014! After a great wknd @ Adidas Invitational! @Chaise_Malik #PSAhoops

From NE Hoop news

Daniels helped Hillhouse claim another Connecticut Class LL state title this past season, in a 52-42 win over Paschal Chukwu and Fairfield Prep. The 6-foot-8 Daniels feels he can bring that game-experience to the next level at PSA.

"My junior year I lost in the championship and this year we came back and won, so I know what it feels like to lose and what if feels like to win," Daniels told New England Hoop News. He's been running for CT Select this spring and two weeks ago helped the Connecticut AAU team to a 2-0 performance at the Maine Event in South Portland, Maine.

Since the end of school year, Daniels has visited UMass. He told New England Hoop News that Quinnipiac, VCU, Hofstra, St. Bonaventure, Towson, Drexel, and VCU have expressed interest in his services.

"I would make my list after this live period," Daniels added. "I would say probably a top-5."

Daniels specifically mentioned Quinnipiac, UMass and VCU when asked about trimming his list.

http://nehoopnews.com/news/2163/Chaise-Daniels-to-finish-up-career-at-Putnam-Science-Academy.php

Last edited by CLK (7/13/2013 8:46 pm)

7/13/2013 11:01 pm  #325

You can tell it's the open evaluation period.

Board footera