Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/18/2014 11:35 pm  #451

Re: Recruiting

VBC wrote:

VBC wrote:

I will tease you guys a bit.

I was at a middle school game today watching a 2018 prospect.  He scored 14 points in 11 minutes of play with 3 blocks and at least 8 rebounds.  The coach only let him play the first quarter and 5 minutes of the third as the opponents were getting crushed.

This kid is now 6'3" in his bare feet and the family pediatrician says growing to over 7 feet is a real possibility.

His ball handling skills are exceptional and he can use either hand in attacking the basket.  He has a better basketball IQ right now than some of the Dukes and is a coach's dream when it comes to work ethic and teamwork.

He has been attending Dukes games for 5 or 6 years now and was a ball kid 2 years ago.  For those of you who know who I am you may have seen this young man at games with me over the years.  His dad told me today that he overheard his on on the phone the other day telling one of his friends that he wants to play for Duquesne someday.  Jim Ferry has been aware of him since last year.

It's too early to tell exactly how good this kid will end up being, but I'd bet the mortgage that he'll at the very least get a D-1 scholarship.  At best, well, lottery picks come from somewhere, don't they?

Tonight this kid played his first high school basketball game.  He did not dress for his school's first 3 games because the high school coach didn't believe in letting freshmen play with the varsity.  Apparently starting the season 0-3 with an average deficit of 18 points changed the coach's mind.  Coming in off the bench he ended up leading the team to a win as the team's high scorer with 20 points. 

Gee I remember how well the last kid we signed in high school when he could barely shave turned out.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/19/2014 9:54 am  #452

He's a good player. I'm sure that's what you mean.

12/19/2014 12:37 pm  #453

ElDuque wrote:

He's a good player. I'm sure that's what you mean.

Yeah a very good player......................for someone else 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera