Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/14/2013 3:28 pm  #51

Re: Recruiting

Jordan Robinson sounds like a perfect fit for the Dukes.

1/14/2013 3:33 pm  #52

CLK wrote:

William Gunter‏@WillGunter2472013 Quality Education (NC) PF Jordan Robinson currently focused on DePaul, UCLA, Xavier, Duquesne & Minnesota per his HS coach.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/f8KPZ16rZECkhgS1nIkIZw/basketball-winter-12-13/profile-jordan-robinson.htm

Another Canadian prospect and a beast on the boards.

A lot of competition, but I agree he would be a great fit.  Hopefully Watkins can use his persuasion to help us land him.  I would really like to have one more ship open up.  The dream would be to get Severe (combo guard), McIntosh another Canadian mentioned in this thread (SF) and Robinson.

1/14/2013 3:34 pm  #53

duq81 wrote:

Phildog wrote:

From what I read after his signing was that he was a scoring point guard, that said, it seems near the end of games he shoots( sometimes 24-28 ft treys) rather than distribute the rock. Mike James game was similar except James was taller and perhaps not as quick. But remember this kid is about one half way thru his freshman year.As for Binney, he is a juco transfer and they usually need time to adjust to the D-1 level.

Mike James was at one point, considered one of the quickest player in the NBA, so if Colter is quicker than that, he must be like lightning.

Not as pro player, but as freshman other than Bona game on ESPN The Duce, a 9:30 pm game on a Friday where Mike scored 14 off the bench, mostly on dribble drives, then Carrol benched him and ignored him. So Mike didn't get to play much as freshman . Colter, as I have seen on TV seems to penetrate and blow by defenders. If Colton can have the college career James had, we will be well served at point.

A diehard fan since 1961

1/14/2013 4:21 pm  #54

A long way from when lists like this would have included Rider, Niagara, Mt. St. Mary's, and Boston, U. If Ferry fails, no one can say he didn't go down swinging.

1/14/2013 4:46 pm  #55

duq81 wrote:

A long way from when lists like this would have included Rider, Niagara, Mt. St. Mary's, and Boston, U. If Ferry fails, no one can say he didn't go down swinging.

Very true, but close only counts in horseshoes.  Watkins was a good start.  Hopefully he can land a couple more of these kids if we are going to make a move.  In my opinion Ferry needs to be able to recruit exceptionally well to be successful.

Last edited by CLK (1/14/2013 4:52 pm)

1/14/2013 4:54 pm  #56

duq81 wrote:

I used to get excited when players just had another offer.

1/14/2013 5:32 pm  #57

Here is an update profile article on Mikyle McIntosh

http://hardwoodhoopscentral.com/mikyle-mcintosh-player-profile

1/14/2013 10:25 pm  #58

Put that guy in the weight room and he could end up being a beast. Been a while since we had a legit wide-body.

1/15/2013 12:23 pm  #59

CLK wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Very true, but close only counts in horseshoes.  Watkins was a good start.  Hopefully he can land a couple more of these kids if we are going to make a move.  In my opinion Ferry needs to be able to recruit exceptionally well to be successful.

We've done it the other way for so long without results though. RE got us a couple of guys who were on the radar of big programs, and the results were pretty good. At this point, I'm inclined to favor taking the gamble, and going after really good players. The payoff could be tremendous if we can land a few more.

1/16/2013 2:44 pm  #60

I used to get excited when players just had another offer.-Steve

Steve,
I totally agree with you.  It is refreshing to go after guys who have offers from a number of schools, and not just schools that are worse than us!

1/16/2013 10:55 pm  #61

Way to hearken back to the Danny Nee days ...

1/17/2013 12:36 pm  #62

ElDuque wrote:

Way to hearken back to the Danny Nee days ...

Let's not, ever!!!

1/18/2013 11:18 pm  #63

Marcus Helton‏@MarcusHeltonCoolidge 2013 F David Kadiri said he has offers from Duquesne, Florida Gulf Coast and North Carolina A&T. #DMVhoops

1/19/2013 9:54 am  #64

CLK wrote:

Marcus Helton‏@MarcusHeltonCoolidge 2013 F David Kadiri said he has offers from Duquesne, Florida Gulf Coast and North Carolina A&T. #DMVhoops

So much for competin' agin' the big boys. Maybe NJIT will become involved.

1/19/2013 1:31 pm  #65

Mitchell Abramson‏@nydnmabramsonChrist the King's Jon Severe is now being recruited by Florida, Tennessee and Indiana, he just said in phone interview.

Jason Lewis‏@j_lew16Brooklynite and Christ the King Guard Jon Severe has been added as a McDonalds All-American candidate. #BKsports

It may be time to move to plan B

1/19/2013 4:22 pm  #66

ElDuque wrote:

CLK wrote:

Florida Gulf Coast (FGCU) is in Ft Myers/Naples and with the new coach last year were in conference title game, picked to win it this year, went on the road and pulled 2 upsets.

I think they would beat our Dukes this year.

A diehard fan since 1961

1/20/2013 11:52 am  #67

Phildog wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

CLK wrote:

Florida Gulf Coast (FGCU) is in Ft Myers/Naples and with the new coach last year were in conference title game, picked to win it this year, went on the road and pulled 2 upsets.

I think they would beat our Dukes this year.

FGCU is are a decent team and are top 100 RPI even after a couple bad losses. The more I read about this kid, the more I like. He's supposed to be pretty tenacious in the low post and he's one of the better players in one of the better leagues in Maryland. I've seen conflicting reports about his grad year. Some say he's a 2013, others a 2014.

1/20/2013 12:59 pm  #68

Looks like we may be out of the picture with Desmond Lee.

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/recruiting-update-desmond-lee-new-mexico-junior-college/

1/20/2013 3:08 pm  #69

Also looks like Miklye Mcintosh may be getting out of our reach.  Nice to recruit these kind of kids, but I hope we are are casting a wide net. 

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2013/01/osu-oregon-to-check-out-2013-star.html

Last edited by CLK (1/20/2013 3:10 pm)

1/21/2013 6:21 pm  #70

Brian Flinn‏@BFlinnFuture150 Richard Williams is off the board to Hofstra

1/22/2013 5:32 pm  #71

Jaaron Simmons - Another name indicated as "interest" by Recruit Scoop

http://recruitscoop.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1463061

Jaaron Simmons. A very good mid-major prospect who is receiving high-level interest from schools including Tulane, Virginia Tech, Duquesne, Liberty, Hofstra and Dayton, the 6-foot Simmons is one of the better unsigned seniors in the Midwest. Simmons poured in 25 points in a win on Monday for his Kettering (Ohio) Alter squad, dominating the transition game with crafty layups through traffic. He is skilled as a midrange scorer with a jumper and as a slasher who can draw contact at the rim and finish. A good competitor, Simmons is a pure point guard who likes to facilitate first on the AAU circuit, and he has the quickness on defense to hang at the mid-major level or higher.

1/22/2013 10:33 pm  #72

If Dayton wants Simmons, they'll get him.  He could walk from Alter to UD Arena.

1/23/2013 9:43 am  #73

PrinceOf Pilsner wrote:

If Dayton wants Simmons, they'll get him.  He could walk from Alter to UD Arena.

Prince, not trying to be too positive, as that is kind of frowned upon on this board; but some kids (in fact pretty many) want to get away from home and spread their wings a little bit in a college atmosphere; so I wouldn't say there is not a chance.  We really don't know anything about his intentions.  Playing for the Dukes would give him a chance to play at Dayton in front of his family, but still expand his horizons a bit, and probably give him a better chance to get more playing time early in his career.

1/23/2013 2:07 pm  #74

Not too worried about recruiting just yet. Ferry had a good first class with way less time to plan for it. We will get some good players who will help this program get back to winning.

1/26/2013 12:55 pm  #75

Adam Zagoria‏@AdamZagoriaChrist the King coach Joe Arbitello tells @SNYtv Alabama, Duquesne and GW are showing the most interest in 2013 G Jon Severe.

Board footera