Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/04/2020 8:29 am  #26

Re: I got the perfect venue for the Dukes this year.

stew wrote:

It really sucks going out to Duquesne PA.Too many blacks for your taste but many of players DU  recruits
come from similar communities,It does not fit your safety selfish lifestyle coming from the burbs.I know this because I live out in Hilliard Ohio,we have a few low income apartments for blacks,muslims and poor
whites.But I live over a mile from them so no problem,Reality is these poor kids from innerr city of Cbus
get a inferior education with little hope and its ok. No its not.Play the games in Duquesne and get a brief look at the hardships of life folks having the wrong skin color or maybe you realize like me that I wouldnt
lower myself to live in this disadvantaged town.God is loving and he is kind but even he must get pissedoff by Americans ,fat,arrogant and oblivious to anyone deemed different from them. Lets play the games in Duquesne Pa. and most DU people will make up a lie like I am too busy,its too far. i would still go but I am 
unafraid and its only for 2 hours long to be out in the Mon Valley.Its close to the police station and blacks
dont pay that kind of money to watch that rich white Catholic college play baskeball.
 Transport Duquesne kids into Mt Lebanon schools and hell would be raised. Every kid is entitled to a good education and a better life no matter skin color. It would mean better  lives for all to share. A fair shake at life.Mr. Harper show some courage and play the games out in Duquesne Pa.Lets show love and kindness
and meet your diasadvantaged brothers struggling and instead of a racist remark ,reach out to help and not perpetuate life as broken ,keeping in mind god is waiting on you and poised to send you to heaven or hell. How much money you have doesnt count for nothing
Its your choice to be fair open minded or leave folks in places like Duquesne hopeless. Change ,its the only chance or choice we have to improve others lives.

This post is ridiculous. None of the previous posts in this thread warrant this rant.

6/04/2020 8:47 am  #27

we played in a rec room last year, 4 times, started 10-0, and we were the talk of the town, and had mentions in national media.

To play in a town which has the same name as the university, a court with the big old D on it, and a gym that has more seats would be stupid.   Why would anyone do that?

6/04/2020 8:59 am  #28

I apolgize for singling anyone or making judgements about other folks. I think the only thing I can do
is change my heart and become a better person. I feel some frustration about things not being right.Sorry.

Board footera