Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2020 7:58 pm  #1

Happy Thanksgiving

As this most difficult year for so many winds down, I would like to wish everyone a Blessed Thanksgiving. Whether one is dealing with the ugly politics, COVID, unemployment , or a myriad of any personal issues it can be difficult to move ahead day to day. Sports at times and our Dukes provides a respite from reality. May the Good Lord give us strength and wisdom to be Thankful as this world is unfolding exactly as He desires. Happy Thanksgiving. 

Last edited by FAM (11/25/2020 10:13 pm)

11/25/2020 9:22 pm  #2

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

God bless all!

11/25/2020 9:45 pm  #3

Thanksgiving getting off to an early start with the Panthers losing to St. Francis at the Pete by 10 tonight! Got the doors blown off and trailed by 20 about halfway through too bad!

Happy thanksgiving all.

11/26/2020 12:02 am  #4

Happy Thanksgiving! And I think I understand why the bums up Forbes ave are afraid to play us now... what a joke. Meanwhile, the A10 games that tipped off today were great to watch. GW didn't look any good, but URI and VCU both played better than I expected them to in the opener. URI lost to #18 Arizona State and VCU blew the doors off Utah State. SLU destroyed whatever cakewalk they played, and Davidson played a game that was a little too close against High Point. Most impressive players I watched today were sophomores Hyunjung Lee and Bones Hyland.

Last edited by BluffHunter (11/26/2020 12:02 am)

11/26/2020 8:36 am  #5

Saw the end of URI game. Fatts russell fouled out and at the time they were leading.

11/26/2020 9:06 am  #6

1111 Vickroy wrote:

Saw the end of URI game. Fatts russell fouled out and at the time they were leading.

The league is good this year. Let's take care of our end of the deal.

11/26/2020 12:25 pm  #7

Thanksgiving Blessings!  Already thankful to St. Francis!

11/26/2020 1:07 pm  #8

We just spent a few days in San Antonio and did a tour of the Franciscan missions near there.  Made sure to make an "offering" at each church!  Hope I helped a bit.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (11/26/2020 1:07 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/30/2020 4:54 pm  #9

I'm glad you prayed at the Franciscan Missions in San Antonio.  However I don't think St. Francis College is Franciscan.  I think they follow the other St. Francis.  He was St. Francis Xavier Cabrini and was a Dominican missionary to East Russia and Japan.

12/01/2020 1:47 pm  #10

St. Francis College is in New York. St. Francis University in Loretto is Franciscan, Bilgy. Here's the wikipedia exerpt:
"Saint Francis University (SFU) is a private Catholic liberal arts university in [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loretto,_Pennsylvania]Loretto, Pennsylvania[/url]. It was founded in 1847 and conducted under the tradition of the Franciscan Friars of the Third Order Regular."
Love those Frankies (when they're not playing the Dukes). They've got a tough task today at Virginia. Red Flash getting 23.

Board footera