Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2021 1:12 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - St. Bonaventure Bonnies (A)

Excellent post CLK and I agree 1000% about Acuff.  KD's analysis is right on point, but I am starting to see more poise managing the team, running the point from Acuff than I did in the first couple of games.  Once he relaxes more, gets more confidence I think he will/should start driving to the basket more and either finishing or getting fouled.  My sense is that this will come.  CLK what is your view on JR?
And lo and behold Professor 1099 returns to the Board!!  LOL.  Professor you too are correct, and I know Acuff was arguably your favorite amongst our recruits coming out of HS, and as noted above I do think we will start to see Acuff more assertive offensively as we move forward.  Go Dukes!!!  

1/16/2021 1:25 pm  #52

WashPaRick wrote:

theprofessor1099 wrote:

I would like to see Acuff play loose and try to score.  He seems tentative and he seems to be playing slow when he has the ball.  Even if he makes some mistakes it would be good to see what he can do.   He was a prolific scorer in high school so he has to have some ability there.  

I'm guessing the airball he shot on a wide open 3 with his first shot had something to do with his not shooting. I think he should do what I used to do, blame it on the wind and keep throwin' them up.

Well said Rick... Excellent advice for the young man!

1/16/2021 3:04 pm  #53

PistolPete wrote:

Excellent post CLK and I agree 1000% about Acuff.  KD's analysis is right on point, but I am starting to see more poise managing the team, running the point from Acuff than I did in the first couple of games.  Once he relaxes more, gets more confidence I think he will/should start driving to the basket more and either finishing or getting fouled.  My sense is that this will come.  CLK what is your view on JR?

Pete, I stop trying to figure out Dambrot.  I am not the coach, but on a team that is struggling hitting three point shots why not at least give the kid spot minutes to see what he can do in the actual game?  Roesing was considered one of the best shooter in prep school.  Looking at his films it looks like he has a quick release.  I say give him a chance.

1/16/2021 4:06 pm  #54

I agree CLK. Watching those highlights he looks to be a decent athlete with good court awareness. We know that he can shoot. Makes me want to scratch my head. Well KD certainly should know more about the situation than I or anyone else here so will be interesting to see how things progress moving forward.

1/16/2021 4:28 pm  #55

El Presidente wrote:

I agree CLK. Watching those highlights he looks to be a decent athlete with good court awareness. We know that he can shoot. Makes me want to scratch my head. Well KD certainly should know more about the situation than I or anyone else here so will be interesting to see how things progress moving forward.

I'm hoping to get the chance to ask KD about him on thursday.

1/16/2021 4:37 pm  #56

Thi team will lose 20 game unless they shoot better. Here’’s hoping Austin and Cary are busts wherever they end up.  D

1/16/2021 5:20 pm  #57

I wish Jerry from the Trib or one of those guys who do the video interviews of KD on PSN would ask this simple question: "With the shooting being so inadequate at this time why hasn't JR seen the court for even a minute????"  
Thanks for the video CLK and I hope someone pins KD on this question.  

1/16/2021 5:24 pm  #58

And also ask why Murphy didn't see the court the last 10 min of the SBU game?????? 

1/17/2021 12:05 am  #59

CLK wrote:

Progress was made last night!

Acuff & TDM were both better. There were at least a dozen well run offensive possessions. The defense was good enough to win plenty of A-10 games. The team's energy level was solid.

HOWEVER, I stopped watching this video when KD confirmed that he ran a late game set to get a career 27% 3pt shooter that is struggling to shoot 50% from the foul line with a recent history of falling short in crunch time a deep jump shot. Ugh!!!

I love Marcus. Why put him in that position? Was anyone surprised he was open?

This decision didn't prevent a victory. A great performance from Lofton did that.

I just have such a hard time understanding the thought process behind that play call. In real time, I remember hoping that wires got crossed & the wrong guy somehow ended up wide open with the ball.

Board footera