Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2021 2:08 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Rhode Island Rams (H)

-A really nice win
-The over/under of 1 for technical folks was right on
-Thanks for the game post, wasn't able to watch it last night

Go Dukes!

2/28/2021 11:45 pm  #27

3/01/2021 8:54 am  #28

I love to see that. Having not seen it in person I didn't know if it was possible to see the court from the windows. I know during the broadcast they were talking about curtains for the windows. I kind of hope they don't. I think it's a good look from the court. It's a difficult depth perception that could give us a home court advantage being used to it (we certainly have shot well in two games there so far). Most of all, we barely have any fans as it is. If some of them are dedicated enough to stand outside and watch then I say let them. How much money is it really costing the program? Students get in free anyway. It's been years since I've been to a game so I don't know what tickets go for, but it can't really be that big of a deal. Wrigley Field has the rooftops across the street, Cal Stadium has tightwad hill, the Skydome had the hotel, I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. If it really becomes a problem, address it then, but I don't foresee that happening. Planning curtains now is creating a problem that isn't there.

3/01/2021 10:19 am  #29

Any idea on why Acuff and Harris barely played vs URI?   Injuries, game flow, others playing well?   I really wanted to see Acuff vs Fatts.

3/01/2021 11:09 am  #30

luckymcd wrote:

I love to see that. Having not seen it in person I didn't know if it was possible to see the court from the windows. I know during the broadcast they were talking about curtains for the windows. I kind of hope they don't. I think it's a good look from the court. It's a difficult depth perception that could give us a home court advantage being used to it (we certainly have shot well in two games there so far). Most of all, we barely have any fans as it is. If some of them are dedicated enough to stand outside and watch then I say let them. How much money is it really costing the program? Students get in free anyway. It's been years since I've been to a game so I don't know what tickets go for, but it can't really be that big of a deal. Wrigley Field has the rooftops across the street, Cal Stadium has tightwad hill, the Skydome had the hotel, I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. If it really becomes a problem, address it then, but I don't foresee that happening. Planning curtains now is creating a problem that isn't there.

Agree--no curtains. Imagine a sold-out Coop with people watching from the street (listening to Ray and Jarrett on radio, of course) in 20 degree weather just to get a glimpse of our heroes. This is a big PR opportunity just like when ESPN shows Krzyzewskiville to whip up enthusiasm for the casual fan to watch their next Duke telecast (athough a Duke undergrad told me that below a certain temperature the school makes the students leave--something ESPN would like you not to know). Mr. Harper, make sure the cameras show our loyal fans freezing.

Board footera