Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2021 11:12 am  #1

DU Shows Interest In UMKC Transfer Brandon McKissic

Hoop Scoop Media™️ on Twitter: "Stetson, Iona, and Duquesne are the latest schools to reach out, McKissic tells us @BMcKissic3" / Twitter

McKissic 6'3" SG averaged 17.3 points per game this year for UMKC, along with 3.7 rebounds and 3.3 assists

3/23/2021 11:26 am  #2

Re: DU Shows Interest In UMKC Transfer Brandon McKissic

These are the quality players that we need to land a few of! Would be a great signing for the Dukes. 
Not a PG however. That is still a primary need.

3/23/2021 11:29 am  #3

Agreed, what school is UMKC?

3/23/2021 12:33 pm  #4

Univ. of Missouri at Kansas City

3/23/2021 3:27 pm  #5

El Presidente wrote:

These are the quality players that we need to land a few of! Would be a great signing for the Dukes. 
Not a PG however. That is still a primary need.

I found a couple of stories that say he has been playing point guard for the last 2 years at the coach's request & has grown into the role. That seems encouraging.

His shooting stats from the field are over the 4 years are 48% overall & 38.8% from 3PT with 112 shots made from deep. That breaks down to.512/.397 for his junior & senior seasons combined. That's good stuff for a PG in any league. 

He doesn't have a fantastic A/TO ratio but, it isn't horrible either. He is obviously considered to be a very strong defender. 

My 3 concerns are, in order of importance, his 61% career FT shooting percentage, the 8 times he didn't start over the last 2 seasons while clearly being the team's best player, & why he missed 6 games this season.

On paper, at 6'3" & 22 years old, he looks like he would start at PG for better than half the A-10 schools. Brandon seems like a good get.

3/24/2021 5:00 am  #6

The 61% FT percentage is alarming. I'd be wary of a PG who doesn't shoot at least 75% from the line! Would cost us wins for certain. Keep looking! My 2 cents worth.

Last edited by El Presidente (3/24/2021 5:00 am)

3/29/2021 9:34 am  #9

Bummer.

I had warmed to the idea of this being the best option for a mature, transfer lead guard to provide a big, immediate upgrade while giving Primo a manageable developmental year. His strong shooting percentages from the field & elite defensive chops are a tough combination to find.

I really hope he doesn't end up at SLU.

3/29/2021 10:17 am  #10

This one is not a surprise. This kid is going to stay in the home area.

Board footera