Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/30/2021 8:56 pm  #26

Re: Tre Williams Commits To DU

CLK I believe you are correct. My count shows 11 returning counting TDM and 2 who didn't count last season for whatever reason. That leaves 8 plus the 4 newcomers. That is if the 2 who didn't count last season are in the same situation.

3/31/2021 10:42 am  #27

No limits, my friends. To the roster, what this coach can do, or where this team can go.

3/31/2021 12:43 pm  #28

WashPaRick wrote:

CLK wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

With Weathers leaving I think that puts us at the limit.

I think we are 1 under as TDM does not count towards the Scholarship limit. If Marcus and Mike had returned they would not have counted towards the limit either. So if we get three more recruits we would have to lose two players.

I gotta do some more figuring on this Jethro Bodine style.

I believe the scholarship limit is raised due to the extra year of eligibility due to Covid.  It is frustrating that no reporter covering the team explains the scholarship/roster situation in detail.  I emailed Tim Benz at the Trib but got no response

3/31/2021 1:14 pm  #29

I think we are one over.  Tavian makes our limit 14.
Current roster
   Dunn-Martin.  Harris.       Baker
   Rotroff.           Roesing.   Hima
   Gunn.             Acuff.         Spears
   Kelly.              Okani.        Bekelja
   Austin.            Barbs.        Williams

Am I missing something?

3/31/2021 2:21 pm  #30

kcc173 wrote:

I think we are one over.  Tavian makes our limit 14.
Current roster
   Dunn-Martin.  Harris.       Baker
   Rotroff.           Roesing.   Hima
   Gunn.             Acuff.         Spears
   Kelly.              Okani.        Bekelja
   Austin.            Barbs.        Williams

Am I missing something?

We started the year with 15 player. We believed two of them were paying their own way and not on scholarship. Assuming that they  still are paying their own way then we are one under, if next season they will be on scholarship then we are one over. I think we are all in agreement on the number of players, just don't know about the players that were paying their own way.

3/31/2021 2:38 pm  #31

What about Buono, Cole Williams?
I assume Murphy is done.

3/31/2021 3:26 pm  #32

kcc173 wrote:

I think we are one over. Tavian makes our limit 14.
Current roster
Dunn-Martin. Harris. Baker
Rotroff. Roesing. Hima
Gunn. Acuff. Spears
Kelly. Okani. Bekelja
Austin. Barbs. Williams

Am I missing something?

Yes, TDM won't count against the limit next year.  

3/31/2021 5:43 pm  #33

CLK so with Castro transferring in I guess we are now 2 over and we all know we still want a seasoned PG, and I hope a good big, so the question becomes more and more who is leaving?  Marcus and Mike were pretty much expected, but who from the current roster will leave - and I think everyone knows my preference based on talent level.  Pistol out.

3/31/2021 8:04 pm  #34

PistolPete wrote:

CLK so with Castro transferring in I guess we are now 2 over and we all know we still want a seasoned PG, and I hope a good big, so the question becomes more and more who is leaving?  Marcus and Mike were pretty much expected, but who from the current roster will leave - and I think everyone knows my preference based on talent level.  Pistol out.

I do not see Rotroff staying.  With a big transfering in I suspect one of Kelly, Rotroff, or Hima are out and my guess is Rotroff.  I see Jett or Bekelja leaving as well.  I suspect a PG coming in and Acuff staying so one or both of those guys will leave when they see the writing on the wall.  

3/31/2021 9:55 pm  #35

Styles1229 wrote:

PistolPete wrote:

I do not see Rotroff staying.  With a big transfering in I suspect one of Kelly, Rotroff, or Hima are out and my guess is Rotroff.  I see Jett or Bekelja leaving as well.  I suspect a PG coming in and Acuff staying so one or both of those guys will leave when they see the writing on the wall.  

One or two more transfers and I see four if not all five leaving. Not like the old school college basketball, but the landscape has changed. Would have liked to see how Jett would have fared though. Maybe he'll stay. The others outside Hima, who we have not seen don't look to have much ceiling, but may prosper in lower level programs.

3/31/2021 10:58 pm  #36

Rayrich wrote:

Styles1229 wrote:

PistolPete wrote:

One or two more transfers and I see four if not all five leaving. Not like the old school college basketball, but the landscape has changed. Would have liked to see how Jett would have fared though. Maybe he'll stay. The others outside Hima, who we have not seen don't look to have much ceiling, but may prosper in lower level programs.

Yes.  Jett is the one guy of those mentioned I would like to see more of.  Surprised he got no run this season - especially with the minutes given to Bekelja and Murphy (early on.) KD must not have seen much but he has been wrong before (I think Spencer Littleson helps this team if hes still here.)  TDM looks to be a spot up shooter next season hopefully given 12-15 minutes a game at most.  Had he left, I saw Jett fulfilling that role.

3/31/2021 11:04 pm  #37

Styles1229 wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Styles1229 wrote:

Yes.  Jett is the one guy of those mentioned I would like to see more of.  Surprised he got no run this season - especially with the minutes given to Bekelja and Murphy (early on.) KD must not have seen much but he has been wrong before (I think Spencer Littleson helps this team if hes still here.)  TDM looks to be a spot up shooter next season hopefully given 12-15 minutes a game at most.  Had he left, I saw Jett fulfilling that role.

Littleson would have definitely helped this year. One of the best 3 pt shooters in the country. Funny, how I haven't mentioned TDM but once in my way too many comments tonight which to me is a good sign.

3/31/2021 11:07 pm  #38

Rayrich wrote:

Styles1229 wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Littleson would have definitely helped this year. One of the best 3 pt shooters in the country. Funny, how I haven't mentioned TDM but once in my way too many comments tonight which to me is a good sign.

I hope Roessing stays. Like to see what he can do. Good point Styles 1229. Could be a real wild card off the bench.

4/01/2021 7:52 am  #39

Rayrich wrote:

I liked Spencer’s basketball IQ from the little we saw of him as a freshman on the Bluff. I do think that sitting out a year when he transferred to Toledo also greatly helped his development. Littleson would have used up his Dukes’ eligibility after the 19-20 season. Would he have had a significant role as a senior on that 21 win team? He certainly would have been an upgrade and got many of the minutes that were being handed out to Evan Buckley and Ashton Miller.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (4/01/2021 2:18 pm)

Board footera