Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2021 7:00 pm  #26

Re: DU Gets A Commitment From Pedro Castro

WashPaRick wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

stew wrote:

Get him in that new weight room and put 10-15lbs on him.

That guy couldn't add weight  if he tried. Just slow him down. Doesn't need to. Pound for pound he's a beast. 7.3 rebounds a game and gets a foot over the rim on dunks. Just one of those guys and not intimidated by his lack of weight.

Was he the shooting guard at Houston Baptist or the small forward?

From what I saw Rick he was asked or put into multiple positions. Has a real feel for the game. Not selfish, by any means and was often put in position to make things happen without having any other options. I'd call him a shooting guard with the arm length of a 6-9 or 6-10 player. Reminds me a bit of a taller Bones Hyland. Drives to basket a bit more. Quite creative and sees the court quite well. Unfortunately, his teammates couldn't finish too well.

3/31/2021 7:01 pm  #27

Led the team in points/rebounding/blocks, and steals.

3/31/2021 7:06 pm  #28

How do you know so much about Pedro and Houston Baptist RAYRICH?I am not trying to be disrespectful
just interested in how you know so much about Pedro? I hope your evaluation of him is correct.It would be
great.

3/31/2021 7:12 pm  #29

phil95 wrote:

I am now praying feverishly that I live to hear Ray describe a Primo to Chico to Pedro fast break. If only there were an under-the-radar 7-footer named Groucho available to clean the glass & throw an outlet pass to get things started.

(I may have to be content with that outlet pass being Gunned down the floor to Primo.) 

Would be great if Fitzgerald Bobo still had eligibility remaining

3/31/2021 7:17 pm  #30

stew wrote:

How do you know so much about Pedro and Houston Baptist RAYRICH?I am not trying to be disrespectful
just interested in how you know so much about Pedro? I hope your evaluation of him is correct.It would be
great.

No problem or disrespect Stew. I'll give you my background a bit. Played High School and some Juco ball. Was always a College Basketball fanatic since I was 7 years old. Could tell you the roster of most teams most of all teams in Duquesne's conferences even at that age, but always followed the smaller D-1 conferences. I would listen to games at 9, 10, 11 years old on shortwave radio. It could be St. Peter's versus Seton Hall, or St. Joe's versus Canisius. Didn't matter. Loved the game especially eastern basketball. Didn't call mid majors mid majors 49 years ago when I was 7. Owned and operated a sports betting service from the late 80"s to the early 2000's specializing in College BBall and College Football. Won numerous sports handicapping titles over the likes of Phil Steele, Mark Lawrence, etc...Basically College BBall has always been in my blood and to this day i'll watch a low mid major game over a game between two factories. That's how I catch a player or two under the radar such as I did hear. Thanks for asking Stew. Think you are going to like this Castro.

3/31/2021 7:24 pm  #31

Agreed 100% Levon.  Nice to have multiple guys that can shoot!!  Go Dukes!!!

4/01/2021 7:07 am  #32

.....just waiting for the other shoe to drop.    I figure one of the freshman we all like, or maybe 2 of them, or 3  will be leaving via the portal.  Its the DU way.

Board footera