Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2021 3:25 pm  #1

4/06/2021 3:32 pm  #2

4/06/2021 4:33 pm  #3

Re: DU Looking At D2 Transfer

I'm starting to take him a bit more seriously! His free throw and 3 pt. stats are truly outstanding. Could be a find for next year. Guards could start to pile up around here. 

4/06/2021 5:32 pm  #4

West Liberty is one of the best D2 schools in the nation consistently. That's where Sin was supposed to go before Dambrot offered him after he won the Ohio state championship.

4/06/2021 6:03 pm  #5

4/06/2021 6:19 pm  #6

Amazing Story

4/06/2021 7:10 pm  #7

If having friends and family seeing him play are important enough to him, the Cooper Fieldhouse is only a hour 45 minute drive from his hometown.

4/06/2021 7:45 pm  #8

I love Dalton's vast experience, shooting skill, history in a winning program, toughness, & productivity. He is clearly among the cream of the D-II crop. He also appears to be a great student.

These Division II recruits just make me nervous. Why didn't he transfer to a Division I school after his great sophomore year? Why weren't better programs ready to pounce on him as soon as he entered the portal?

If there is going to be a mass exodus of scholarship players from the current roster, I'm good with taking a chance on Dalton. I'd swap him for Bekelja, Murphy, Rotroff, TDM, or even Jett. However, I don't want to see Kelly, Hima, Harris, Baker, Okani, or Acuff move on to make a place for a D-II graduate transfer.

One of our ace researchers needs to calm me down by providing a list of recent D-II to D-I transfers that made a strong contribution at a top 100 program.

4/06/2021 8:09 pm  #9

I am with you Phi......Good points.

4/07/2021 7:48 am  #10

This is getting scary now.   Are we turning into a D2 program, or planning to move to some tiny D1 conference?   Hughes and Weathers kept this team together the past couple years, they are gone now, and so are any legit D1 players, cause you have to believe Baker, Okani, Acuff and/or Harris are leaving.

4/07/2021 8:11 am  #11

Why all the negativity?  There are good players at all levels  This kid can really shoot the ball.  He is a D2 All American that shoots the three at a 43% and free throws over 90%.  How many guys on our team does that.  

I don't know if we will be lucky enough to get this kid, but I trust Dambrot.  You all remember that both Eric 
Williams and Sin where headed to D2 schools.  Dambrot knows what he is doing.

4/07/2021 8:19 am  #12

townsonkid wrote:

This is getting scary now.   Are we turning into a D2 program, or planning to move to some tiny D1 conference?   Hughes and Weathers kept this team together the past couple years, they are gone now, and so are any legit D1 players, cause you have to believe Baker, Okani, Acuff and/or Harris are leaving.

I'm not going to make any assumptions. I have no idea how this will play out. I will wait to see what happens. Would certainly hope that all the players you have named will not be entering the transfer portal anytime soon!
Deep breath everyone!

4/07/2021 8:43 am  #13

Here is an addendum to my last post. If there are some of last year's players destined to leave the program, even those whom we consider to be strong prospects, it could be with KD's blessing. We just don't know all the dynamics in play.

4/07/2021 9:33 am  #14

townsonkid wrote:

This is just an irresponsible post! Get a grip, fella.

4/07/2021 10:20 am  #15

Really Towson, are you losing your “stuff”?  Basketball talent isn’t defined by Divisions.  There are plenty of very good players who happen to be at D-2 schools; don’t worry!

4/07/2021 10:59 am  #16

phil95 wrote:

I love Dalton's vast experience, shooting skill, history in a winning program, toughness, & productivity. He is clearly among the cream of the D-II crop. He also appears to be a great student.

These Division II recruits just make me nervous. Why didn't he transfer to a Division I school after his great sophomore year? Why weren't better programs ready to pounce on him as soon as he entered the portal?

If there is going to be a mass exodus of scholarship players from the current roster, I'm good with taking a chance on Dalton. I'd swap him for Bekelja, Murphy, Rotroff, TDM, or even Jett. However, I don't want to see Kelly, Hima, Harris, Baker, Okani, or Acuff move on to make a place for a D-II graduate transfer.

One of our ace researchers needs to calm me down by providing a list of recent D-II to D-I transfers that made a strong contribution at a top 100 program.

Maybe he didn't transfer because he was loyal to West Liberty. (Phew, I use it so rarely--especially when it comes to college basketball--that I'm surprised I remembered how to spell "loyal.")

4/07/2021 11:48 am  #17

Crosseye wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

This is just an irresponsible post! Get a grip, fella.

Agree with CLK & CROSS EYE why even post this? Man Dambrot like the majority of Div 1 coaches have enough headaches because of this transfer portal rule. Go Dukes.

4/07/2021 3:11 pm  #18

I knew that would get some of your flaps up, fella.   But sorry snowflakes, I took the red and blue glasses off for a minute.   
I dont understand how you can be enjoying this, its maddening to me.     

4/07/2021 3:40 pm  #19

It's maddening to most I imagine. Also part of the college basketball experience. I always look forward to this time of year to see who's in and who's out. This year is obviously more volatile than any year that I can remember due to the circumstances. Kind of fun and agonizing all at the same time. When the smoke clears, I suspect that we will have the best Dukes team that we've seen on the bluff for many a year. At least that's my hope and expectation. Strap in. The ride's not over just yet!

4/07/2021 4:13 pm  #20

townsonkid wrote:

I knew that would get some of your flaps up, fella.   But sorry snowflakes, I took the red and blue glasses off for a minute.   
I dont understand how you can be enjoying this, its maddening to me.     

Snowflakes & your name is TownsonKID. Enjoy your parents basement. Can’t wait for your next post in support of Dambrot as to why he sucks.

4/07/2021 4:47 pm  #21

Maybe I've been living in a cave but I don't know the term snowflake and how it is being used these days. Would anyone care to explain? I take it that it's a derogatory term but I try to stay away from that sort of thing. 

4/07/2021 9:27 pm  #22

El Presidente wrote:

Maybe I've been living in a cave but I don't know the term snowflake and how it is being used these days. Would anyone care to explain? I take it that it's a derogatory term but I try to stay away from that sort of thing. 

Urban Dictionary:SnowflakeA very sensitive person. Someone who is easily hurt or offended by the statements or actions of others.

This has nothing to do with politics. Snowflakes can be liberal or conservative. Whether it is a compliment or an insult is a matter of opinion and depends on the context.

4/07/2021 10:44 pm  #23

Thanks for the explanation.

4/07/2021 10:56 pm  #24

We are all brothers on this board,we support the Dukes and we support each other when our friends and supporters of Duquesne are sick and leave us. It hurts all of us to learn of the passing of friends on this board.I appreciate the kindness of everyone when my dad passed away,a alumnus from 1950.He graduated
the same day Chuck Cooper graduated.I love this board.

4/07/2021 11:05 pm  #25

stew wrote:

We are all brothers on this board,we support the Dukes and we support each other when our friends and supporters of Duquesne are sick and leave us. It hurts all of us to learn of the passing of friends on this board.I appreciate the kindness of everyone when my dad passed away,a alumnus from 1950.He graduated
the same day Chuck Cooper graduated.I love this board.

I totally agree with this. Very honored to be a part of the brotherhood on this board.

Board footera