Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2021 2:31 pm  #1

The Roster

I know things are still happening but we are getting close to our roster for next season I believe.   I can't imagine anyone leaving at this point for a "better option."  I mean, if we see someone enter the portal at this point it is will be because they were recruited over and believe they will not see the floor or meaningful minutes next season, right?  No one on the current roster (besides Baker) has shown enough that any bigger or better program would be interested in them, right?  I think Baker would have entered the portal by now if he planned to leave.  I think Harris, Baker, and Acuff make a nice little core.  With Castro and Williams coming in to complement the rest of the roster I think that is what our team will look like.  I think Baker has the stuff to be a go-to scorer and the guy to win you games most nights.  We just need Hima or Williams or someone else to be a presence in the paint.  KD's defense has shown it has the goods to win in the A-10.  We just need someone (Baker? Harris?) to pour in points and separate us from the middle of the pack.  And maybe there is one more diamond in the rough KD will mine that puts us over the top.  Here's hoping!

4/07/2021 4:30 pm  #2

Re: The Roster

I'm sitting in on the Dave Harper Zoom call tonight and one of the questions I sent to Bryan Colonna was about clarifying what's going on with the roster. We've played it so close to the vest that my guess is we won't get too much clarification.

4/07/2021 4:54 pm  #3

Re: The Roster

Styles1229 wrote:

I know things are still happening but we are getting close to our roster for next season I believe.   I can't imagine anyone leaving at this point for a "better option."  I mean, if we see someone enter the portal at this point it is will be because they were recruited over and believe they will not see the floor or meaningful minutes next season, right?  No one on the current roster (besides Baker) has shown enough that any bigger or better program would be interested in them, right?  I think Baker would have entered the portal by now if he planned to leave.  I think Harris, Baker, and Acuff make a nice little core.  With Castro and Williams coming in to complement the rest of the roster I think that is what our team will look like.  I think Baker has the stuff to be a go-to scorer and the guy to win you games most nights.  We just need Hima or Williams or someone else to be a presence in the paint.  KD's defense has shown it has the goods to win in the A-10.  We just need someone (Baker? Harris?) to pour in points and separate us from the middle of the pack.  And maybe there is one more diamond in the rough KD will mine that puts us over the top.  Here's hoping!

Good points, but I think you'll be surprised at both Castro and Williams scoring and defense ability. Think Castro will be the go to guy, but Baker and Williams will both contribute significantly. Wild card is Gunn in my opinion. He's got the size, ball handling, and shooting ability. We'll have to wait and see. Grab one more out of the group of Rembraca, Rice, or Bolon and we'll more than good to go. Castro will be the most significant under the radar find and Williams to a lesser degree by this coaching staff. Well done on their behalf.

Board footera