Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2021 7:48 pm  #1

Pedro Castro decommitts from Duquesne

Pedro commits to Texas-Arlington,has a family and is closer to home.

4/07/2021 7:53 pm  #2

Re: Pedro Castro decommitts from Duquesne

Really need to get a 6-10 stud like this Soriano from Fordham.Our chances of getting him ,not good

4/07/2021 7:58 pm  #3

stew wrote:

Damn. That sucks. Sorry I hyped him. Starting to worry if we are missing the boat now. Hughes and Weathers leave while Golden and Gilyard who seem to have played for 6 years now come back for what seems a 7th season. Mean. I guess it's good for the freshmen returning and incoming frosh, but damn next year is not looking so promising with our inexperience unless we pick up at least two quality transfers. Not sure that's going to happen. All those years of losing makes it tough to recruit. Oy.

4/08/2021 5:56 am  #4

Rayrich wrote:

stew wrote:

Damn. That sucks. Sorry I hyped him. Starting to worry if we are missing the boat now. Hughes and Weathers leave while Golden and Gilyard who seem to have played for 6 years now come back for what seems a 7th season. Mean. I guess it's good for the freshmen returning and incoming frosh, but damn next year is not looking so promising with our inexperience unless we pick up at least two quality transfers. Not sure that's going to happen. All those years of losing makes it tough to recruit. Oy.

I had visions of Georgr Gervin with this kid.

4/11/2021 9:34 am  #5

Is there a source on this? I can't find this information anywhere. The portal still lists him going to Duquesne and that is the only thing I can find on twitter, plus UT Arlington was where he played prior to Houston Baptist.

4/11/2021 2:04 pm  #6

kidd082000 wrote:

Is there a source on this? I can't find this information anywhere. The portal still lists him going to Duquesne and that is the only thing I can find on twitter, plus UT Arlington was where he played prior to Houston Baptist.

Good catch. Pittsburgh Sports Now pulled down their story. Here is their original tweet:  https://twitter.com/pghsportsnow/status/1379958378118668288

4/11/2021 5:09 pm  #7

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

kidd082000 wrote:

Good catch. Pittsburgh Sports Now pulled down their story. Here is their original tweet: https://twitter.com/pghsportsnow/status/1379958378118668288

Yes this very strange. PGH Sports now was the only outlet I see that actually reported this and took it off their website. Stranger thing is you can find anything confirming this article was in error or a second article confirming it to be true. Crazy. Good find kidd082000

4/12/2021 12:47 am  #8

Rayrich wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

kidd082000 wrote:

Good catch. Pittsburgh Sports Now pulled down their story. Here is their original tweet: https://twitter.com/pghsportsnow/status/1379958378118668288

Yes this very strange. PGH Sports now was the only outlet I see that actually reported this and took it off their website. Stranger thing is you can find anything confirming this article was in error or a second article confirming it to be true. Crazy. Good find kidd082000

So I gather from all this that we really don't know what to believe at this point? Castro could still be on board or not? Too much up in the air here. Hopefully can be resolved soon one way or the other. 

4/14/2021 11:44 am  #9

Has anyone found an update on this report?

4/14/2021 3:19 pm  #10

phil95 wrote:

The only thing I saw was a post on the UTA message board that said he was apparently going there.

4/14/2021 7:09 pm  #11

and the Portal Parade marches on...

4/14/2021 7:37 pm  #12

phil95 wrote:

FWIW, the Verbal Commits transfer portal list still shows him coming to Duquesne. And historically, this list is very accurate and up to date.

4/15/2021 12:42 pm  #13

4/15/2021 1:25 pm  #14

Settles that one. Let's move on! We have plenty of good basketball players here and we don't know if KD is finished recruiting yet. I kind of doubt it.

4/15/2021 4:39 pm  #15

Has the forward from UND Rembraca signed yet? He'd be a great final touch.

4/15/2021 6:14 pm  #16

Filip Rebraca is actually listed as a center and is still uncommitted. Would be nice but a very long shot at this point. You never know. He was impressed with the fact that KD coached Lebron. Sure there are still some good gets out there but the numbers are dwindling especially at the C position.

4/18/2021 8:57 am  #17

Crapola but the two guards' signing still has me pumped. Hima and Rotroff the only two true big men on the roster. That has me concerned.

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

4/18/2021 10:06 am  #18

Ken,
That has me quite concerned as well. Wondering exactly what you were referring to as crapola. The fact that Rebraca is probably not coming here, the fact that KD coached Lebron, or the fact that the available centers in the portal are dwindling. Just curious.

4/18/2021 12:36 pm  #19

KenOTR73 wrote:

Crapola but the two guards' signing still has me pumped. Hima and Rotroff the only two true big men on the roster. That has me concerned.

I agree that this roster definitely needs at least 1 more 6'8" or better, experienced, big from the transfer portal or a truly dynamic freshman signing. The former still seems quite possible while the latter is a definite longshot given DU/KD's track record combined with the limited supply of such talents this late in the recruiting cycle.

The good news is that while Williams is definitely undersized for a top-flight center in this conference, he is a true A-10 quality big by virtue of his great experience & proven production on both ends along with 3 years of remaining eligibility.

If he stays, Dre Harris also represents a tweener/mismatch creating 4 with a ton of both upside & remaining eligibility.

Presuming Harris stays & that, at the very least, Rotroff/Hima can hold their own while eating a combined 12-15 minutes a game, things will still be ok.

4/18/2021 1:35 pm  #20

Wondering if Austin Rotroff has a bit more in the tank than he showed last season. Maybe not totally recovered from the ACL or just a loss of confidence. I remember the 17 he put up in his first game as a Duke against William and Mary. Had  three 3 pointers too. Would be great if he could contribute to a successful season next year.

Board footera