Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2021 8:28 pm  #2

4/07/2021 9:08 pm  #3

Re: Leon Ayers Commits To DU

Another guy who our interest in hadn't leaked out. Who's next? Got a thousand plus to pick from.

4/07/2021 9:51 pm  #4

KD and his assistants working hard, tryng  hard to get Duquesne rolling again.

4/07/2021 10:58 pm  #5

Didn't miss a beat! Great effort being made by staff. A very exciting off season to say the least!!

4/08/2021 9:11 am  #6

We don’t know how any of these recent recruits or transfers will turn out. All DU fans have been going through this for years. Until I see we beat out Dayton, VCU, the Bonnies for the same players... then I’ll be more apt to think we landed someone to take us to the next level. Yes, we have the coach but we don’t have the players yet.  I’m sure you heard the quote mentioned by the announcers from a former coach. It’s not about the x’s and the o’s but the Jimmies and the Joe’s. Look, I’m not being negative... these guys could help us... but until they do I won’t be saying how fortunate we are to get them.
(Btw- this post is Not a response to anyone who has that great optimism or who posted. For me... as they say... I hope they will be great but I’ll wait and see.). Go Dukes!

4/08/2021 11:32 am  #7

Of course highlight reels are just that. I could look good in one and I never played organized basketball. I do think that the Mercer recruit looks very athletic on film and that's a good place to start. Good shooting % and F-T % too. As always, we will have to wait and see. I'm a glass half full guy cause that's what gets me from one day to the next. GO DUKES!!

4/08/2021 6:06 pm  #8

If your son was an aspiring bball player coming out of HS ... until recently, would you and he considered Duq over Dayton or VCU??  Given the history/culture and facilities....no way my son goes to Duq.  It took years to get where you were....it will take years to get where you want to be.  This year was a set back for sure.  Learn from it and move on.  As ElDuque rightfully pointed out....I am an outsider and do not live and die with the program.  My only disappointment is Duq81 will not get to enjoy the coming success...I did not know him but he seemed like a class act and a credit to DU and human kind.

Just a hunch...Marcus wants to play his final year with his brother. They are very close.  KD must not think highly of Michael or think he has better long term options.

Board footera