Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2021 12:27 pm  #2

Re: DU Shows Interest In EMU Transfer

Ty is a very interesting prospect. It is nice to see that as he gotten more minutes season over season, 3 years in a row, his production had climbed.

The volume & percentage he shot on 3PTFGS in year 3 are scary but, he both shot better & took a more reasonable number of attempts as a senior.

His FG & 3PT FG shooting percentage improvements from his junior to senior season are striking. Is 18 games a large enough sample size for that not to be a fluke? I think so.

His good, if unspectacular FT shooting, steal, & assist numbers speak to his value as an overall contributor for a forward. I am particularly impressed by his year to year improvements in A/TO ratio. THAT is what 4 year players are supposed to do.

He was clearly the best player on a bad team. I expect that he would not get the chance he is looking for at GTown, Marquette, Clemson,or Wichita State. Similarly, he has too much upside to choose a school/conference like Northeastern or Hofstra. DU has an excellent combination of available playing time, roster construction, conference media exposure, & upgraded competition for Ty to make himself better known to those controlling the opportunities to play professional basketball.

I watched most of his huge 28/11 game losing big to Akron. His teammates were really bad but he was doing many of the things well that next season's DU roster is in need of.

I also watched the first Akron game.That was probably EMU'S best win of the year. Even though Ty got hamstrung pretty good by some questionable foul trouble, he handled it pretty well & made a strong contribution.

He seems like an outstanding grad transfer get for Duquesne. I hope KD can snag him.

Last edited by phil95 (4/16/2021 12:38 pm)

4/16/2021 9:20 pm  #3

Great analysis. Watched EMU play a few times myself including the Akron game. Would be a solid pick up.

4/19/2021 12:47 pm  #4

4/19/2021 1:12 pm  #5

Thank for the update CLK. Groce would be a great addition.

4/19/2021 7:26 pm  #6

Wonder how many of the high profile teams such as Georgetown, Clemson, Marquette, etc have actually offered. Seems like he would be a great one year fit for the Dukes. Here's hoping!!!

4/19/2021 8:37 pm  #7

I think when PSN writes an article that talks about strong interest by the Dukes I have a hunch they may have a bit more intel and I am thinking we may get this kid.  If we do then as my cujino the GMan says...."wrap it up" - and that will be it on the recruiting.  After that it is all about who is on the roster going forward.  Groce does look like a plug and play at the 4 spot - time will tell.

4/23/2021 2:35 pm  #8

Committed to Butler

Board footera