Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2021 7:31 pm  #2

Re: Paradise Jam

Northeastern is bobody in basketball.  They belong to a very weak Colonial Athletic Conference.  But they are great at Women's Hockey, the school of USA Captain Kendall Coyne Schofield.

5/17/2021 9:52 pm  #3

Some good teams in that tourney with Creighton, Colorado, and Colorado State. NE, Bradley, and SIU all competitive. Good opportunity for the Dukes.

5/18/2021 9:13 am  #4

Very strong field. If the Dukes win the majority primed for at large bid or NIT. If not this board can turn very ugly. Can’t wait to watch the new transfers & recruits in action. Go Dukes.

5/18/2021 9:46 am  #5

Is Nov 19 about the time for the season opener, or will we have a couple games before that?   Would like to see us go there with some kind of idea of starting lineup and rotation.

5/18/2021 1:29 pm  #6

Rayrich wrote:

Some good teams in that tourney with Creighton, Colorado, and Colorado State. NE, Bradley, and SIU all competitive. Good opportunity for the Dukes.

With all of the player movement this off-season, it may be hard to predict the early season matchups; but we do know that the Dukes roster has experienced almost a total makeover; so oddsmakers will probably find that to be uncomfortable.  Based on past performance and gut feeling for the matchups in the tournament; it's safe to say the Dukes will be underdogs to Creighton, Colorado with Colorado St., Bradley and SIU toss-ups and should be favored over Northeastern if they should play.  Along with Northeastern, the Dukes could be the team that everyone else will be hoping to play.  Let's hope the team is ready to compete in a tough field and surprise a few teams. 

5/18/2021 1:41 pm  #7

townsonkid wrote:

Is Nov 19 about the time for the season opener, or will we have a couple games before that?   Would like to see us go there with some kind of idea of starting lineup and rotation.

My guess is the Dukes will play a few before the trip.  That said, I see no rotation in place.  The tourney will be where we start to see who is legit.  Any games earlier will likely be against bunnies.

5/18/2021 2:48 pm  #8

Styles1229 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

My guess is the Dukes will play a few before the trip.  That said, I see no rotation in place.  The tourney will be where we start to see who is legit.  Any games earlier will likely be against bunnies.

Take this for what this is worth, but Wikipedia says that the NCAA Basketball Season will begin on November 9th. If true, the Dukes will have a chance to have 2 or 3 games under their belt before heading to St. Thomas.

5/19/2021 6:18 am  #9

When you hit your 7th decade you want time to slow to a crawl. But still, I'm looking forward to November. New arena, nice recruiting class, good-looking transfers. Father Time, take a hike!

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

5/19/2021 7:26 am  #10

KenOTR73 wrote:

When you hit your 7th decade you want time to slow to a crawl. But still, I'm looking forward to November. New arena, nice recruiting class, good-looking transfers. Father Time, take a hike!

Ditto on that! I want time to slow down all except for Duquesne basketball. Can't get to November soon enough!!!
GO DUKES!

5/19/2021 10:50 am  #11

Every morning when I eat breakfast I tell my wife I want to go to Pittsburgh and see the Dukes.I 

5/19/2021 10:52 am  #12

No matter its May ,I cant wait for next season to start.Just waiting for a NCAA invite.

5/19/2021 12:57 pm  #13

Believe a lot of folks on and away from this board feel exactly as we do! I have a very positive feeling about the future of DU basketball. LET'S GO DUKES!!

5/20/2021 11:15 am  #14

stew wrote:

Every morning when I eat breakfast I tell my wife I want to go to Pittsburgh and see the Dukes.I 

Be happy if she still pays attention; and she doesn’t have to feed you breakfast!

Board footera