Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/26/2021 1:41 pm  #1

KD: “I think this is the best team we’ve ever had here.”

This statement has to be one the strongest comments I have heard from KD since he has been hear.  It really took me by by surprise.  Usually he is very reserved & cautious about his optimism.  I really believe he is truly excited about the team he has assembled.  This is a new feeling for DU fans.  I am sure most of us are hoping and praying that this proves to be true.

I know from his comments that a big part of his optimism is the improvements he made to the guard rotation.  Acuff, Ayers, Spears and Johnson should get the lion share of the minutes at the PG & SG slots.  I think that Okani and Maceo will mostly share the SG slot, with Easley and Gunn rotating at PF, and Williams and Rotroff at Center.  I know there are more combinations and time will tell how things shake out.  However it is the potential of Spears and Jackson that is both exciting and at the same time worrying as they will be freshman.  These two have to hit the ground running.  I believe Dambrot, who definitely is a good judge of talent, believes these guys will perform and play a big role.

Here are a couple of videos to remind us of Primo & Jackie talents

AMIR SPEARS OFFENSIVE/PASSING HIGHLIGHTS - YouTube

https://youtu.be/gqnosqGTWn4

5/26/2021 2:16 pm  #2

Re: KD: “I think this is the best team we’ve ever had here.”

CLK wrote:

This statement has to be one the strongest comments I have heard from KD since he has been hear.  It really took me by by surprise.  Usually he is very reserved & cautious about his optimism.  I really believe he is truly excited about the team he has assembled.  This is a new feeling for DU fans.  I am sure most of us are hoping and praying that this proves to be true.

I know from his comments that a big part of his optimism is the improvements he made to the guard rotation.  Acuff, Ayers, Spears and Johnson should get the lion share of the minutes at the PG & SG slots.  I think that Okani and Maceo will mostly share the SG slot, with Easley and Gunn rotating at PF, and Williams and Rotroff at Center.  I know there are more combinations and time will tell how things shake out.  However it is the potential of Spears and Jackson that is both exciting and at the same time worrying as they will be freshman.  These two have to hit the ground running.  I believe Dambrot, who definitely is a good judge of talent, believes these guys will perform and play a big role.

Here are a couple of videos to remind us of Primo & Jackie talents

AMIR SPEARS OFFENSIVE/PASSING HIGHLIGHTS - YouTube

https://youtu.be/gqnosqGTWn4

I think you are right.  KD likes his hand right now.  The only caveat he added was that they haven't played together.  This could be a team that rounds into form in February and goes on a run.  I also like your predictions for PT.  Of Acuff, Spears, Johnson, and Ayers, do you know who is a true PG?  I've seen some highlights but they only show scoring.  Who will be the TJ/DC/Carry of this group I'm wondering.  We all know there is so much more to being an excellent PG than scoring. Who will be that guy who we can count on to bring the ball up court every time and make great decisions?

5/26/2021 3:32 pm  #3

CLK I am thinking All A10 Freshman team for both. Left handed point guards very rare & difficult to defend. Good stuff can’t wait for the season to begin. Coach Dambrot has a new team. 

5/26/2021 9:01 pm  #4

Well said above posters. I think we shouldn't sleep on Hima. Could have a real impact by looking at his tremendous upside and work ethic. He and Okani could be really special. The latter most definitely and who knows with the former. Can't wait to find out though.

Board footera