Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/20/2021 10:48 am  #3

10/20/2021 11:17 am  #4

Re: Kareem Rozier '22 Guard

Unless KD is standing on a box, I really have to wonder just how tall the kid really is. Maybe 5'-7"? Must be one heck of a player!!

10/20/2021 12:04 pm  #5

His video looks good, but they all do. Much prefer someone with better size who can do the same things. That said, coach knows a lot more than I do about him. 

10/20/2021 6:29 pm  #6

From the videos shown, he seems to be an effective shooter, but what really stands out is his awareness of where his team mates are and his excellent passing ability.  Impressive... however some of that could be negated in the A10 with his shorter 5'9" stature, but seems like he'd be worth taking a chance on.  

10/21/2021 9:37 am  #7

El Presidente wrote:

Unless KD is standing on a box, I really have to wonder just how tall the kid really is. Maybe 5'-7"? Must be one heck of a player!!

Much like Tom Cruise, KD requires that those photographed with him stand in a trench!  It's what all the big stars do to make them appear taller.  

10/21/2021 9:45 am  #8

pressurecooker wrote:

His video looks good, but they all do. Much prefer someone with better size who can do the same things. That said, coach knows a lot more than I do about him. 

I'll take a quick and creative little guy any day over a bigger player without the same skills.  Let's fact facts guys that are 6'2" and have all the skills of Kareem are playing in the BIg10.  I may be biased, but scoring on bigger guys isn't usually a problem for good little guys.  They always find a way to beat the bigs!  The bigger issue would likely to be on defense; but coaches need to make that call and scheme on defense to reduce the problem.

10/25/2021 2:23 pm  #9

Are the doorways 6''8'' at the Coop?  

10/25/2021 9:35 pm  #10

I do have to say the video shows the kid making a lot of very creative passing -- maybe a lot more than i have seen in other recruits...  He appears to be a playmaker that can shoot as well.  But then does the smaller stature negate some of that passing ability?

10/26/2021 11:07 am  #11

Sorry guys, as I noted before, we already have a 5'11" guy who seems to be more skilled (JJ) and I just don't see this recruiting target being on the higher level that Harper and KD said would happen with all the things going for the program - commitment and especially the facility and other upgrades.  

Board footera