Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/06/2021 12:38 pm  #1

8/06/2021 2:44 pm  #2

Re: Phenom Hoops On The Dukes

Thanks for the article CLK.
You have to like the description of Jackie Johnson and Andy Barba.  It sounds like Johnson is just the kind of point guard that the Dukes have needed for decades!.  Being able to blow by defenders and create help situations for the defense is so important in the game.  It opens up everything on the court, and creates scoring opportunities for all five players.  
I hope Barba has healed from his back surgery.  It sounds like they have high hopes for him to be a contributor.  It's always nice to have a knockdown shooter from the perimeter who is 6'6".    

8/06/2021 2:47 pm  #3

Good info again CLK👍Based upon this young team I suspect the A10 coaches will place the Dukes 10 or 9 in the pre season conference standings. Pole.  I sure hope so. Coach Dambrot loves the underdog role. Go Dukes.

8/17/2021 7:30 am  #4

Here’s another article from Busting Brackets on the Dukes’ newcomers:
https://bustingbrackets.com/2021/08/17/atlantic-10-basketball-analyzing-duquesne-dukes-2021-recruiting-class/

8/17/2021 8:19 am  #5

Thanks Phoenix.  At the end of the article there was this little statement:

"B to B- as Dambrot, who has one more scholarship for 2021 available, will rely on several of these newcomers and while I believe that they will get production there are still some questions as to how much."

Could there be a late August surprise?

8/17/2021 2:43 pm  #6

Young team needs to get a couple Ws under their belt before heading the Bahamas.   IDK what the exact schedule is, but would be nice to have 2 scrimmage games, then 2-3 at home, vs lesser opponents, then head out to the island.

8/18/2021 11:28 am  #7

townsonkid wrote:

Young team needs to get a couple Ws under their belt before heading the Bahamas.   IDK what the exact schedule is, but would be nice to have 2 scrimmage games, then 2-3 at home, vs lesser opponents, then head out to the island.

townsonkid, there is a pinned thread showing the schedule as we know it so far:
https://duquesnefans.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=4366

Board footera