Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/30/2021 6:59 pm  #1

Duquesne/TCU Game Preview from Yahoo Sports

Yahoo Sports predicts a 30 point spread 40 - 10, TCU over Duquesne.

Let’s surprise the frogs!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/tcu-vs-duquesne-prediction-game-221524668.html

Last edited by coffee (8/30/2021 7:02 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

8/31/2021 6:31 pm  #2

Re: Duquesne/TCU Game Preview from Yahoo Sports

Thanks for the link Coffee. I'd be happy with that score. Just don't want see a 70-7 score. Hoping the Dukes can create a few turnovers and take care of the ball themselves.

8/31/2021 6:43 pm  #3

Good point Rayrich and I agree with you about the score. We're stepping up big time here and I support and understand the reasons for the game and I would take a similar score or Hawaii type performance in a heartbeat!

9/01/2021 5:25 pm  #4

The line currently between 42 and 49.5.   Some betting advise sites say take the Dukes and the points.  Hope so!

Last edited by coffee (9/01/2021 8:40 pm)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

9/04/2021 9:53 pm  #5

Dukes played hard and very respectable in the second half save the Isabella fumble on the punt. Lot of respect for Coach Patterson of TCU. Also, impressed by Ryan Leaf's take on the Dukes. Had a lot of good insight and respect for coach Schmitt. A 38-3 final would have looked good.

Last edited by Rayrich (9/04/2021 10:07 pm)

9/05/2021 11:21 am  #6

Agreed… he looked very careless on the fumbled punt (after a nice stop) and didn’t even attempt to go after it when he did muff it.  The only example of them showing lack of effort.

38-3 sounded so much better than 45-3 for some reason.

Back up QB played pretty well.

Last edited by coffee (9/05/2021 11:23 am)

COFFEE
Attitude is everything

9/05/2021 7:31 pm  #7

Duquesne needs to upgrade the program,add more scholarships to play teams like TCU and WVU.Schmitt describes his backups as Division 3 talent players.It dont seem right to me to have our players exposing themselves to serious
life altering injuries when they are  physically overmatched.Whats the point to get your brains beat in for a big paycheck.?? The facilities are Division 3 so drop down or upgrade before some player ends up quadraplegic.

9/06/2021 7:30 am  #8

Great point regarding schollies Stew.  FCS max is 63 and Youngstown St, SDSU and most conferences use the max.  The NEC and Pioneer are 2 that do not. Playing 1 of these games a year helps hoops and the overall athletic budget by generating a big chunk of revenue otherwise unavailable, but we need more schollies.I do think the backup players at most positions are better than D3 and look how we crushed that D2 PSAC team at homecoming a couple years ago but your points on schollies and facilities are well taken!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (9/06/2021 7:32 am)

9/06/2021 12:19 pm  #9

Just wondering what kind of dollars a game like this would generate for the Dukes. 

9/06/2021 1:25 pm  #10

Our own coach says backups who are non scholarship players are on the same talent level as a Division 3
school..If there is a injury to a scholarship player and you put a nonscholarship freshman  against a high quality opponent I have a real concern for players safety.Forget the money payout.Upgrade the program
or play Division 3. Im not sure why a TCU would get involved with Duquesne. Its nothing more than a scrimmage ,kind of a walk through,against a opponent that is too inferior to get any idea on how to approach a legitimate Division1opponent.

9/06/2021 1:33 pm  #11

Our own coach says backups who are non scholarship players are on the same talent level as a Division 3
school..If there is a injury to a scholarship player and you put a nonscholarship freshman  against a high quality opponent I have a real concern for players safety.Forget the money payout.Upgrade the program
or play Division 3. Im not sure why a TCU would get involved with Duquesne. Its nothing more than a scrimmage ,kind of a walk through,against a opponent that is too inferior to get any idea on how to approach a legitimate Division1opponent.

9/06/2021 2:05 pm  #12

The reason TCU scheduled us is the same that Alabama will play Mercer,Nebraska plays Foedham,BC vs Colgate and really all FBS teams play an FCS game , a pretty sure winner and FCS school gets a payday that helps its entire athletic program.  This year's team I assure you has a lot of D1 talent including backups and I know that there is a need for quality depth and I am sure if  Jerry said  something like that it was pointing out the need for more schollies!

9/06/2021 2:12 pm  #13

By the way Stew I am arguing for more schollies and schedule the payout game but don't play them shorthanded that's all! I think we are largely in agreement Give Coach Schmitt and his staff  63 schollies and they will do just fine IMHO

Board footera