Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/08/2021 2:32 pm  #1

Game Thread - Rider Broncs

7:00pm EST tip on Tuesday 11/09/2021 at the UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse, Pittsburgh, PA
Per KenPom:
Dukes #180 (0-0) vs Rider Broncs #232 (0-0)
Game prediction: Dukes win by 7, 76-69 - Dukes with 72% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 8 point favorites; Over/Under 144½
Duquesne 0-0 Against the Spread: Rider 0-0 ATS

Dukes Best Win(s): N/A
Dukes Worst Loss(es): N/A
Rider Best Win(s): N/A
Rider Worst Loss(es): N/A

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate (shown below if team has Top 100 ranking overall or top 4 in conference as a strength; if team has Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 4 in conference as a weakness)

Here's a look at Rider for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength:  
Offensive Weakness:  
Defensive Strength:  
Defensive Weakness:  

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength:  
Offensive Weakness:  
Defensive Strength:  
Defensive Weakness:  

Points per Possession and Number of Possessions
Rider Adj Offense Efficiency - 98.2; 206 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Defense Efficiency - 98.7; 138 in D-1
Rider Adj Defense Efficiency - 103.8; 261 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Offense Efficiency - 97.2; 225 in D-1
Rider Adj Tempo - 73.2; 102 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Tempo - 72.5; 152 in D-1

Miscellaneous
Experience - Rider XX yrs; XX in D-1; Dukes XX yrs; XX in D-1
Average Height - Rider XX"; XX in D-1; Dukes XX"; XX in D-1

11/08/2021 2:47 pm  #2

Re: Game Thread - Rider Broncs

Dukes by 20.

11/08/2021 6:24 pm  #3

Rider  got a rather unimpressive win last night against Kutztown (D2 I think).  They pulled out a 2 point win after trailing by 14 at the half.  But - let’s not take anyone lightly while we see what we have.

11/08/2021 6:37 pm  #4

Welcome to a new season with Phoenix Rising Stats!!!!

The concession stands will be making a lot of money this year. You have to wear a mask unless you are actively eating or drinking.

Last edited by FAM (11/08/2021 6:40 pm)

11/08/2021 7:32 pm  #5

I'm not seeing Jett Roesing on the Rider roster.

11/08/2021 7:38 pm  #6

WashPaRick wrote:

I'm not seeing Jett Roesing on the Rider roster.

Just saw the same thing on the Bluffblog,

11/08/2021 8:56 pm  #7

He was apparently redshirted but now seems to be off team

11/08/2021 9:00 pm  #8

I'm upping the bet
The Dukes gotta win by at least 25

11/08/2021 9:28 pm  #9

kcc173 wrote:

He was apparently redshirted but now seems to be off team

https://www.trentonian.com/2021/10/14/rider-mens-basketball-center-tyrel-bladen-out-for-season-with-torn-acl/

“Sophomore guard Jett Roesing, a transfer from Duquesne, is no longer with the team as he takes a leave of absence. The roster stands at 13 players.”

11/09/2021 7:27 am  #10

Starting line up guess
PG Acuff
SG Johnson
SF Okani
PF Easley
C  Williams 
Ayers and Spears first off the bench

11/09/2021 9:59 am  #11

Mine exactly.  I do think Hima, Larson, Barba, and Bekelja will all see action for 3 minutes or a little more.

11/09/2021 10:23 am  #12

I do hope Coach has an idea who will be getting most of the playing time.  In the past, at times, he would take a while and imply he is still figuring out the starters or experimenting.  Respectfully, I didn't understand that at times when I saw many other teams have a solid starting unit by the third game.  I hope this starts sooner than later...he does see them in practice every day.  Go Dukes!  - Good Luck Tonight - Will be eating and cheering!!!

11/09/2021 10:40 am  #13

Acuff and Okani are the only guys I expect to start.   I will be learning the new guys as much as you all are.   Nothing will shock me lineup-wise or for playing time.  I just want to see good players and wins.   That and good nachos and cold, cold beer.   

11/09/2021 11:00 am  #14

WashPaRick wrote:

Starting line up guess
PG Acuff
SG Johnson
SF Okani
PF Easley
C  Williams 
Ayers and Spears first off the bench

I think:

1. Acuff
2. Ayers
3. Okani
4. Easley
5. Williams

Acuff will move to the 2 for JJ and then Spears.  I expect by December we'll see Acuff as the 6th man but getting a lot of PT like TDM.  I see JJ at the 1 and Ayers at the 2 as the regular starting backcourt eventually.

11/09/2021 5:32 pm  #15

Good luck tonight.   Last year Rider was one of the youngest teams in the country and with no summer workouts, and many Covid stops they were a mess defensively.   Also because they had no depth, they were worn out by the second day of back to back games.  (MAAC played *on Saturdays and Sundays) 

Rider probably has the best one/two punch in the MAAC with Dimencio  Vaughn (transferred back from Ole Miss and Dwight Murray).  Murray did not play in the exhibition game.  Rider biggest issue is depth and size.  They only had 2 players over 6-8, and one went down with a ACL tear.  

In regard to Jett Roesing, I heard he took time away from school for a mental health issue.     

11/09/2021 5:36 pm  #16

Interesting fact - Rider top recruit 2 years ago was Corey McKeithan  (did not play last year with ACL injury) was Primo Spears teammate in high school.   Rider also brought in 2 transfers who should start (Melvin James - 2nd team American Sun, and Sedrick Alman (starting guard at Pepperdine.  I expect both of them to start,.

11/09/2021 6:56 pm  #17

Looks like Spears is starting.

11/09/2021 8:02 pm  #18

First game jitters?

11/09/2021 8:02 pm  #19

Gonna be a long year.   Lack of rebounding is scary.   Absolutely no post presence.   Hima is big enough and at least poses a threat defensively.    Student section is good tonight.   How many come back?

11/09/2021 8:19 pm  #20

Back and forth action.

11/09/2021 8:22 pm  #21

Hey, we're making free throws.

11/09/2021 9:11 pm  #22

A little first game jitters, but you had to be impressed by Spears and the transfers. Can't wait to see Gunn back as well as Rotroff. Johnson will do his thing eventually. Rider has some nice players and should contend for their conference title. Hofstra our next opponent leads 15th ranked Houston by 6 on the road of course at the half.

11/09/2021 9:14 pm  #23

When's the last time you saw a perfect night from the stripe? 13-13 if I recall correctly. 

That said, too many missed rebounds, rushed shots and defensive lapses. Those will disappear over time.

My biggest positive of the night. It was something like a one point game at about seven minutes and the Dukes took charge and put them away. Can't recall that one happening very much over the last few years.

Nice win, despite the warts.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/09/2021 9:31 pm  #24

Tejas_Duke wrote:

When's the last time you saw a perfect night from the stripe? 13-13 if I recall correctly. 

That said, too many missed rebounds, rushed shots and defensive lapses. Those will disappear over time.

My biggest positive of the night. It was something like a one point game at about seven minutes and the Dukes took charge and put them away. Can't recall that one happening very much over the last few years.

Nice win, despite the warts.

Well said Tejas

11/09/2021 9:36 pm  #25

Thought it was a good first game overall. Lots of talent on the court for the Dukes. Had me worried early on but the cream rose to the top as it always does. Give this group another 5 or 6 games together and I believe we will see a top 6 A-10 team especially with Gunn and Rotroff back on the court.

Board footera