Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/24/2013 9:10 pm  #1

Ryan Luther to Pitt

Mike White ‏@mwhiteburgh16mHampton basketball star Ryan Luther committed to Pitt a short while ago tonight. #Pitt #WPIAL

10/25/2013 5:59 am  #2

Re: Ryan Luther to Pitt

From all of his comments about Pitt being his dream school, I am not surprised Ryan picked Pitt.  It will be interesting to see where Colin lands.  Maybe there will be Luther's on the opposite sides of the City Game.

10/25/2013 9:25 am  #3

I have to wonder if we are still in the running for Elijah Minnie and Ryan Skovranko.  Both have received interest and offers from BCS schools.  There was some talk at one time by Minnie of a package deal. 

Here is how the Pittsburgh Basketball Report ranked the local players:

Boys Pittsburgh Top 10  (2014)

1) Ryan Luther (Hampton HS)
6'7" Small Forward

2) Elijah Minnie (Lincoln Park)
6'8" Forward

3) Satchel Peirce (Kiski School)
7'0" Center

4) Collin Luther (Hampton HS)
6'5" Guard

5) Ryan Skovranko (Lincoln Park)
6'7" Forward

6) DJ Porter (Obama Academy)
6'4' Guard

7) Cameron Johnson (OLSH)
6'6" Guard

8) Elijah Cottrill (Beaver Falls)
6'2 Guard

10/25/2013 10:56 am  #4

It will be interesting to see where the Dukes go from this point in recruiting.  I know they spent a lot of time and resources on Luther, but always have options.  Although Dayton and GW were also involved earlier, my understanding is that it finally came down to Duquesne and Pitt.  A few years of winning will make us more of an option for better players; but it's tough now based upon last years record.  You never know how these kids will develop anyway; so maybe another guy gets the scholarship who becomes a better player down the road.  Guys like Luther haven't really fit into Dixon's style at Pitt, so we will see if he made the right choice.

Last edited by levon1975 (10/25/2013 12:14 pm)

10/25/2013 12:17 pm  #5

I wonder if this is correct.  I thought we offered both and would take either.

PGH BBall Report ‏@PGHbballReport 8mWhere will 6'6" 2014 G Colin Luther (Hampton,PA) end up? #Duquesne is now out of picture, as offer was based on package deal w bro Ryan

10/25/2013 12:24 pm  #6

10/25/2013 7:34 pm  #7

CLK wrote:

I wonder if this is correct.  I thought we offered both and would take either.

PGH BBall Report ‏@PGHbballReport 8mWhere will 6'6" 2014 G Colin Luther (Hampton,PA) end up? #Duquesne is now out of picture, as offer was based on package deal w bro Ryan

Looks like it was indeed a package deal. 

http://blogs.post-gazette.com/sports/2013-06-20-18-53-28/dukes-dispatches/39561-ryan-luther-selects-pitt-leaving-twin-holes-in-duquesne-recruiting-class

10/25/2013 11:39 pm  #8

Colin must be a couple steps behind his brother is it was an "all or none" proposal; The fact that Ryan Luther committed to Pitt isn't the least bit surprising to me.

10/31/2013 7:06 am  #9

This is not surprising. I am very underwhelmed with Ferry's recruiting and I think this program will have a difficult time winning double figures this season.

Board footera