Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/16/2021 6:31 pm  #1

11/16/2021 6:41 pm  #2

Re: LA Pratt Commits To Duquesne

I think tomorrow is the last day of the early signing period.  Wonder if he will sign?

Lincoln Park Guard LA Pratt Commits to Duquesne - Pittsburgh Sports Now

Last edited by CLK (11/16/2021 6:43 pm)

11/16/2021 10:00 pm  #3

6-4 PG who loves to distribute the ball and play defense.   
Sounds like a unicorn  or something.   😁

Like it when we get a local player.

11/17/2021 11:05 am  #4

This one doesn't jump off the page at me because there is so little info about what other programs are/were after him.

I too like the concept of a taller lead guard that likes to playmake & defend. I also want there to be a series of local players that play a significant
role in taking the program to new heights. That would go a long way toward fattening the fan base. The question is, will this signing move the needle?

Maybe he will have an incredible senior season forcing competitor schools that overlooked him to wallow in jealousy & regret.

11/17/2021 11:46 am  #5

Will be easy to follow is senior year in the local papers.   
If only we could get some 6'10" dude from around here now.   IDK if they even exist around here anymore.  :-)))

11/17/2021 11:59 am  #6

Pratt certainly looks like he has a lot of upside.  He is now 6'5" and as the PSN article reported he is still growing.  No offence to this kid, I would just prefer for DU to recruit out of the portal.  For one thing the risk of turnover is reduced, and you have a higher percentage of knowing what you are getting. 

11/17/2021 2:11 pm  #7

Where did you pick up that 6'5" & still growing info? I didn't see that on PSN. Do you have a link to that article?

Capable lead guards in the A-10 over 6'5" are no common occurrence.

11/17/2021 3:08 pm  #8

phil95 wrote:

Where did you pick up that 6'5" & still growing info? I didn't see that on PSN. Do you have a link to that article?

Capable lead guards in the A-10 over 6'5" are no common occurrence.

It was actually in a PG Article, not PSN. Mike White follows HS Basketball, and knows this kid's skills and potential as well as anyone.If he grows and bulks up he could be a real steal.  

Duquesne basketball team lands recruit L.A. Pratt from Lincoln Park | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Last edited by CLK (11/17/2021 3:17 pm)

11/17/2021 5:50 pm  #9

Let's hope he grows another 6 inches and becomes our David Robinson.

11/17/2021 7:18 pm  #10

WashPaRick wrote:

Let's hope he grows another 6 inches and becomes our David Robinson.

Now that's something we can all agree on!!!

Board footera