Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/18/2021 4:31 pm  #1

Game Thread - Northeastern Huskies

5:45pm EST tip on Friday 11/19/2021 at the University of the Virgin Islands Sports & Fitness Center, St. Thomas. U.S. Virgin Islands
Per KenPom:
Dukes #190 (1-2) vs Northeastern Huskies #179 (1-2)
Game prediction: Dukes lose by 1, 63-62 - Dukes with 47% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 1½ point underdogs; Over/Under 127
Duquesne 1-2 Against the Spread: Northeastern 0-3 ATS

Dukes Best Win(s): Rider (260)
Dukes Worst Loss(es): Weber St. (114); Hofstra (153)
Northeastern Best Win(s): Boston University (187)
Northeastern Worst Loss(es): Georgia St. (104); Colgate (125)

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate (shown below if team has Top 100 ranking overall or top 4 in conference as a strength; if team has Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 4 in conference as a weakness)

Here's a look at Northeastern for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: None
Offensive Weakness: Offensive Rebound % (311); Turnover % (287)
Defensive Strength: FT Rate (49); Offensive Rebound % (58)
Defensive Weakness: Turnover % (318)

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: Offensive Rebound % (62)
Offensive Weakness: Effective FG % (276)
Defensive Strength: Offensive Rebound % (46); Turnover % (61)
Defensive Weakness: Effective FG % (281)

Points per Possession and Number of Possessions
Northeastern Adj Offense Efficiency - 96.8; 221 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Defense Efficiency - 98.0; 148 in D-1
Northeastern Adj Defense Efficiency - 97.8; 143 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Offense Efficiency - 95.7; 242 in D-1
Northeastern Adj Tempo - 67.0; 331 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Tempo - 68.6; 279 in D-1

Miscellaneous
Experience - Northeastern 1.94 yrs; 176 in D-1; Dukes 0.77 yrs; 351 in D-1
Average Height - Northeastern 78.0"; 47 in D-1; Dukes 77.1"; 150 in D-1

Haslametrics = has the Dukes as 178th in the country.
Northeastern is 107th in the country.
Automated Game Preview:  https://haslametrics.com/preview.php?yr=&tid1=4391&tid2=245&neut=1
Overall Ratings:  http://haslametrics.com/ratings.php

11/19/2021 10:18 am  #2

Re: Game Thread - Northeastern Huskies

So another tough game for the Dukes.  Bill Coen is an excellent coach and will have his team prepared for Duquesne.  Results are very hard to predict this early in the season, especially when so many teams have been rebuilt with transfers.  I did see that Northeastern has 8 returning players from last year; so that could be to their advantage in this game.
Good luck Dukes!

11/19/2021 5:02 pm  #3

Betting line moved - Dukes favored by 2 right now.

11/19/2021 6:32 pm  #4

Down ten at halftime.  Should be worse.  Got way behind at start, playing catch-up again.

11/19/2021 6:38 pm  #5

I think Jackie Johnson should get at least 16 minutes this half.

11/19/2021 6:42 pm  #6

This isn’t even a team!  A joke?  What do they work on in practice?  Not offense that’s for sure.  Defense is really just 5-guys going through the motions; give up wide open shots or layups repeatedly; no awareness on defense of the shot clock running down.
They are an embarrassment to the entire University

11/19/2021 6:47 pm  #7

Cant say they are just going thru the motions, cause they dont put in the effort for that even.

11/19/2021 6:48 pm  #8

Did these guys just pick up this team tonight?  They look like they’ve never seen each other before!  They have no half-court sets at all.  Defense looks listless and clueless.  These are the two worst teams in the tourney so it will only get worse!

11/19/2021 6:53 pm  #9

Dambrot said this is his best team since he has been here.  Well, let's at least win ONE game in this tournament.  It
is a sad day when the announcers, trying to make a game of things, state that Duquesne has got it down to only being behind by 12.

Last edited by FAM (11/19/2021 6:59 pm)

11/19/2021 7:27 pm  #10

In spite of any shortcomings on the court, if the Dukes could make some perimeter shots, this game would be in the win column. Northeastern made an inordinate number of long range shots, sometimes with a hand in their face.

11/19/2021 7:28 pm  #11

I was patient with my Larson assessment. That time has passed. He has no business playing on this team. 

If somebody needs to eat some minutes to keep Ayers & Easley fresh, at least let Barba get some experience. Maybe he could make a shot.

11/19/2021 7:33 pm  #12

Levon and Fam you guys are right.  This is pathetic; no D in the first half, horrible shooting and no offensive movement - the Godfather said it is like watching a Ferry offense - inexcusable.  "Best team" KD, yeah right.  I said 2 years ago shake up this coaching staff and get a recruiter.  We still throw out too many non-A--10 level players.  And hey Keith no on CARES ABOUT LABRON!!!!  Can't shoot, can't stop anyone, still miss layups...........just pathetic.  I'm done with this team.  Mark my words 1-5 by the end of the tournament.  Harper you are accountable as well.  You have given Dambrot everything and what have we gotten.  What happened to recruiting from a higher shelf from the commitment the school made to the program..........Our best team was Hughes, Weathers and SC and you couldn't manage any of them and they all left.....like the kid I saw last night for San Diego State - throwing it down by the way.  We stink, period.

11/19/2021 7:37 pm  #13

Pistol,
I feel the pain.  But not giving up yet.  I hope we win at least one game here, and if we have twice as many losses in the mid-way part of the season then it's time to email Harper.  He does care...he fired Ferry.  Let's wait until midpoint and see if Dambrot/players can turn this around.  I am saddened that if he doesn't start winning, we will again have an EMPTY home court.

11/19/2021 7:44 pm  #14

Nothing good to write home about. I wouldn't have felt bad if Doherty broke his wrist. Up 15  under a minute to go and starters still playing.

11/19/2021 7:45 pm  #15

That was rough.
Too much one on one. No sets. Terrible shot selection.
I agree with Pistol Pete. I was thinking " Ferry offense" as I watched the game.
Also agree with phil95. Larson should not be taking minutes from anyone.

11/19/2021 7:47 pm  #16

Apparently, Barba will be another scholarship freshman that won't see the court under any circumstances. Is he in KD's dog house? Is he injured or sick? I'll never know.

By all means, let's have more Bkelja & Larson instead of someone with actual Division I offers.

11/19/2021 7:47 pm  #17

Dambrot previously said it wasn't all the prior coaches at DU.....Well I wonder what Ronnie would have done with this President, AD and financial commitment and facilities.......HMMM...

11/19/2021 7:53 pm  #18

Didn't catch the start of the game. Did they say what was up with Gunn?

11/19/2021 7:53 pm  #19

PistolPete wrote:

Dambrot previously said it wasn't all the prior coaches at DU.....Well I wonder what Ronnie would have done with this President, AD and financial commitment and facilities.......HMMM...

Total embarrassment. No D no offensive scheme no hustle soft & F minus coaching. Finally, yes I am tired of Lebrun James. He is & never will be Michael Jordan. Long year in Dambrots 5th.

11/19/2021 7:54 pm  #20

Phil.  Barbara is a redshirt.

11/19/2021 7:56 pm  #21

I meant Barba of course

11/19/2021 8:01 pm  #22

Maybe it's a sign of the times but Duquesne has pretty much lost its best players every season...Eric Williams, Mike Lewis, Chad Baker, Carry.  Duquesne can't afford to lose its best players.

This is going to be a long season...new arena, commitment from the administration, etc.  Same old story.  I agree with Pistol Pete.  Everhart looks like the John Wooden of Duquesne.    If he would have had this kind of financial commitment and this facility he would still be coaching here.

11/19/2021 8:03 pm  #23

Mark Schmidt Bonnies in the middle of nowhere and here we are in a City with new facilities, 5 years in for KD and a University commitment...........Give me a break, look at who Schmidt has recruited compared to us!!! But that is ok Keith, you stick with these assistant coaches and don't hit the trail enough yourself.  All Good.

11/19/2021 8:05 pm  #24

TJ would have never left if Ronnie had this kind of commitment!!  At least none of us put any money on the Dukes tonight!!!

11/19/2021 8:05 pm  #25

I consider myself one of the most optimistic people on this board.  I also am definitely a Dambrot fan.  And I firmly believe in a team’s ability to turn around a bad start.  I also usually get angry at negative posts.  But watching these last three games, and even a lot of the opener, I sympathize with any negativity expressed.  This team is a total embarrassment.  The coaching is as well.  But I will continue to not favor singling out individuals.  Bekelja and Larson are not the problem.  All these “players” are.  Yes, the better players should play more minutes but right now we have no better players.  My opinion.  I accept any mockery or criticism.

Board footera