Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2021 7:42 am  #1

A LOT Went Right at the Cooper Center Last Night

First I'll start with the Obvious -- After a pair of tough losses (A missed Jumper at the Buzzer would have made the loss at Longwood a win -  In the City Game the ladies led by 1 after 3 quarters)  The team earned a double digit win over Akron last night.

Laia had 22 and 3 -  came up with a buzzer beater at the end of one quarter -  knocked down a 3 with like one second on the shot clock.

Amaya spent a good deal of time guarding one of their better players - that player shot 1-11 from the field.

In her limited action (14 minutes)  Precious DID grab 8 rebounds and Megan was her usual self harassing the opposing point guard.

BUT THE REAL HIGHLIGHT WAS HALLE BOVELL --  Halle had missed the last two full seasons due to injury - she made a brief appearance against Pitt --  Last night in 25 minutes Halle DID NOT ATTEMPT A SHOT --  What she DID do - was grab 7 rebounds -- draw at least one charge -- for someone whose ball handling is a very minor part of the offense did pick up 3 assists, and sometimes just standing her ground with her hands up - might have forced some errant shots.  The Hug she received from Coach Lea when she left the court in the waning seconds was WAY MORE than one of those "nice job things"  Hopefully the ESPN+ package and commentators noted that.

Going forward hopefully this (Halle's availability)  gives the coaching staff one more option in putting the line up together and with the mixing and matching they would like to do.

11/24/2021 9:34 am  #2

Re: A LOT Went Right at the Cooper Center Last Night

The team is without two starters with Diamond and Amanda.  And Lauren Waylon and Olivia Westphal were certainly expected to contribute.   

Depth is what killed them vs Longwood and Pitt.

Amanda is expected to return at some point.  I have no clue about Diamond.  I think Lauren and Olivia are out for the season

Last edited by A83 (11/24/2021 9:37 am)

11/24/2021 11:08 am  #3

While NOT a Medical Doctor --  I think Diamond's Injury was the LATEST of the ones to happen -  the brace she was wearing (bulky) is similar to the one Lauren is wearing --  I'm presuming like Lauren and Olivia Diamond will miss the season as well.

Amanda is walking (a little gingerly) in sweats -  this was also the case at the Meet & Greet that both teams participated in late October -  So would agree on her possible return - If nothing else - she can provide a breather for Megan and/or Libby who are playing a ton of minutes --  

11/24/2021 3:42 pm  #4

Thanks for the info.  Diamond’s I hurt really hurts.  She played well down the stretch last season.

Board footera