Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/05/2021 4:47 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Marshall Thundering Herd

Professor I agree, but guys let's look at a bigger problem.....Roster Composition and coaching.
*KD said after the BG loss that Williams is really a PF to which I say no kidding and then why on earth didn't be get a big from the transfer portal, JUCO or Prep?????  And please KD don't try to convince us that Austin R is the reason......please.
**We all know our PG's are inexperienced so instead of taking two (although I believe they both have a lot of talent and JJ just needs to protect the ball better) why not take one and bring in a seasoned PG out of the portal.
These are two areas that have really hurt us and will continue to do so and this is on this Coach and his staff - which I have questioned before on numerous threads.
***Coaching: We should really be sitting here at 7-2 without any real stretch of the imagination.  The questionable substitution patterns, the use of time outs (or not), the lack of late game strategy is all on KD and his forever government job security coaches.  Pistol out.......... 

12/05/2021 6:23 pm  #27

Tejas_Duke wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

Man, you guys are ruthless. It takes time to build the kind of chemistry it takes to win road games against a higher rated opponent in a notoriously tough place to play.constructive!

Yeah but that is tough to do when your best players leave every year, some even in the middle of the season.  Last spring when everyone was drinking the kool aid about the "best team ever" and "all the talent coming in" I made a comment about chemistry and pretty much got pilloried for it.

If this team stays together and gets better over the season, which others have noted seems to be happening a bit, then things will be definitely going in the right direction. Transfers again next year and filling holes with anyone they can get and this program may be on its last legs.

If you check my comment regarding the “best team yet” statement; you’ll see that I warned everyone about “coachspeak” and the fact that I no longer pay attention!

12/05/2021 6:32 pm  #28

PistolPete wrote:

Professor I agree, but guys let's look at a bigger problem.....Roster Composition and coaching.
*KD said after the BG loss that Williams is really a PF to which I say no kidding and then why on earth didn't be get a big from the transfer portal, JUCO or Prep?????  And please KD don't try to convince us that Austin R is the reason......please.
**We all know our PG's are inexperienced so instead of taking two (although I believe they both have a lot of talent and JJ just needs to protect the ball better) why not take one and bring in a seasoned PG out of the portal.
These are two areas that have really hurt us and will continue to do so and this is on this Coach and his staff - which I have questioned before on numerous threads.
***Coaching: We should really be sitting here at 7-2 without any real stretch of the imagination.  The questionable substitution patterns, the use of time outs (or not), the lack of late game strategy is all on KD and his forever government job security coaches.  Pistol out.......... 

Pistol big problem did not Coach Dambrots assistant coaches all played for him. Same recruiting territory same philosophy no alternative concepts.

12/06/2021 10:50 am  #29

Good point Iron D!!!

Board footera