Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2021 10:08 pm  #1

What Conclusions Can You Draw From TDM's Performance at FGCU?

At DU:
-69.55% of his shots were from 3
-averaged 2.7 assists, 2.1 FT's , 9.2 points, 24.8 minutes, & 5.51 attempted 3s per game in 80 games
-shot .353/.338/.839 over 80 games

AT FGCU:
-52.13% of his shots are from 3
-averaging 4.1 assists, 5.44 FT's , 17.8 points, 30 minutes, & 6.77 attempted 3s per game through 9 games
-shooting.412/.377/.837 through 9 games
-It should be noted that over his past 4 games he has shot 26% from 3 & 28.3% overall.
-Over the last 3 games, he has recorded 6 assists & 11 turnovers. (To be fair, he had 13 assists & only 3 turnovers against SE Louisianna State on 11/27 while missing all 3 of his FG attempts.)                  

Last edited by phil95 (12/06/2021 10:10 pm)

12/07/2021 11:34 am  #2

Re: What Conclusions Can You Draw From TDM's Performance at FGCU?

1. Lower level
2. Starting his time there on one of his hot streaks, still a tiny sample size.

Not like TDM didn’t have many awesome performances here to go with a lot of inconsistency. Would be interesting to revisit this at seasons end.

12/07/2021 4:54 pm  #3

He was voted “6th man of the year “ in the A-10 one year; so he had his share of success at Duquesne and seemed to enjoy his career under Dambrot.  For most of his career he was asked to provide scoring, and a spark off the bench, and he often delivered.  When Sincere was injured, and again when he left the team in mid-season, TDM’s role changed to becoming the starting PG.  I thought he did well in many cases in his new role.  He probably shot fewer threes in the PG role at Duquesne than in his role as 6th man. 
I’m not sure what your point is in the thread?

12/07/2021 6:56 pm  #4

levon1975 wrote:

He was voted “6th man of the year “ in the A-10 one year; so he had his share of success at Duquesne and seemed to enjoy his career under Dambrot. For most of his career he was asked to provide scoring, and a spark off the bench, and he often delivered. When Sincere was injured, and again when he left the team in mid-season, TDM’s role changed to becoming the starting PG. I thought he did well in many cases in his new role. He probably shot fewer threes in the PG role at Duquesne than in his role as 6th man.

I wanted to see how last year's defections are doing. TDM's case seemed the most interesting to me. So, I thought it to be an interesting discussion topic. 

12/08/2021 10:48 am  #5

levon1975 wrote:

He was voted “6th man of the year “ in the A-10 one year; so he had his share of success at Duquesne and seemed to enjoy his career under Dambrot. For most of his career he was asked to provide scoring, and a spark off the bench, and he often delivered. When Sincere was injured, and again when he left the team in mid-season, TDM’s role changed to becoming the starting PG. I thought he did well in many cases in his new role. He probably shot fewer threes in the PG role at Duquesne than in his role as 6th man.

It's clear now that KD should have played Acuff at PG from the moment Sincere quit and onward.  I know he says he gets paid to "win games" and Acuff didn't give us the best chance last season BUT it was a garbage year anyway with Covid and the minutes he could have accumulated at PG would have put us in a much better spot for this season to "win games."  KD should have seen this (we didn't know he wasn't going to get an experienced PG from the portal.)  Today's team could have an experienced Acuff running the point while working in Primo and JJ instead of having Primo and JJ learning on the fly.  

12/08/2021 10:51 am  #6

phil95 wrote:

At DU:
-69.55% of his shots were from 3
-averaged 2.7 assists, 2.1 FT's , 9.2 points, 24.8 minutes, & 5.51 attempted 3s per game in 80 games
-shot .353/.338/.839 over 80 games

AT FGCU:
-52.13% of his shots are from 3
-averaging 4.1 assists, 5.44 FT's , 17.8 points, 30 minutes, & 6.77 attempted 3s per game through 9 games
-shooting.412/.377/.837 through 9 games
-It should be noted that over his past 4 games he has shot 26% from 3 & 28.3% overall.
-Over the last 3 games, he has recorded 6 assists & 11 turnovers. (To be fair, he had 13 assists & only 3 turnovers against SE Louisianna State on 11/27 while missing all 3 of his FG attempts.)                  

Phil, do you know how they are using TDM?  at SG or PG?  as a 6th man?  

12/08/2021 3:27 pm  #7

He has started every game he has played. He didn't play in their first game. 2 articles I read referred to him as their PG.

12/08/2021 6:04 pm  #8

TDM is playing almost exclusively as a Point Guard; playing 30-35 minutes a game for FGCU.  His stat lines bring back memories of why you could love his game one minute and dislike it the next (and I liked it most of the time on the Bluff).  For example, last night against Florida A&M, he had 23 points (5-11 from 3; 4-6 FT), 7 rebounds, 6 assists and 7 turnovers. Previous game against Dartmouth, he scored 11 points (3 of 16 from the field including 1 for 9 from 3), 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 turnovers.  He's a roller coaster of a player - never dull. 

12/08/2021 7:05 pm  #9

Thanks for sharing Phoenix and I was a TDM fan but I got the frustration with him too. There are always guys like that and in all sports and I think in the end you make a decision as a coach and fan  to take the good with the bad.I am starting to feel that way about Claypool with the Steelers and felt that way with Marte with the Pirates etc and many more. The coach has to figure out how to maximize the good and yes I am Captain Obvious with this point. I think KD is still trying to figure out the good and bad with this group and while I never thought we would have a losing record OOC this year I am still hoping he will figure it out soon. Always appreciate your posts

12/10/2021 7:40 pm  #10

TDM playing at RMU 7PM tomorrow

Board footera