Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2021 6:18 pm  #1

Game Thread - New Hampshire Wildcats

1:00pm EST tip on Saturday 12/11/2021 at the UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse, Pittsburgh, PA
Per KenPom:
Dukes #224 (3-7) vs New Hampshire Wildcats #202 (4-3; 3-3 vs. D-1)
Game prediction: Dukes win by 2, 65-63 - Dukes with 59% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 3½ point favorites; Over/Under 130½
Duquesne 4-6 Against the Spread: New Hampshire 5-1 ATS

Dukes Best Win(s): Bradley (185); Rider (289)
Dukes Worst Loss(es): Bowling Green (174); Northeastern (154)
New Hampshire Best Win(s): Quinnipiac (253); Holy Cross (345)
New Hampshire Worst Loss(es): Bryant (231); Marquette (73)

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate (shown below if team has Top 100 ranking overall or top 4 in conference as a strength; if team has Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 4 in conference as a weakness)

Here's a look at New Hampshire for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: Turnover % (5)
Offensive Weakness: None
Defensive Strength: Offensive Rebound % (80)
Defensive Weakness: Turnover % (341)

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: Turnover % (71); Offensive Rebound % (85)
Offensive Weakness: Effective FG % (264)
Defensive Strength: FT Rate (60)
Defensive Weakness: Effective FG % (286); Offensive Rebound % (267)

Points per Possession and Number of Possessions
New Hampshire Adj Offense Efficiency - 100.5; 196 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Defense Efficiency - 104.1; 232 in D-1
New Hampshire Adj Defense Efficiency - 103.5; 217 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Offense Efficiency - 99.9; 211 in D-1
New Hampshire Adj Tempo - 62.9; 350 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Tempo - 66.7; 272 in D-1

Miscellaneous
Experience - New Hampshire 2.26 yrs; 85 in D-1; Dukes 0.78 yrs; 353 in D-1
Average Height - New Hampshire 77.3"; 126 in D-1; Dukes 77.2"; 139 in D-1

Haslametrics = has the Dukes as 247th in the country.
New Hampshire is 226th in the country.
Automated Game Preview:  https://haslametrics.com/preview.php?yr=&tid2=4391&tid1=343&neut=0
Overall Ratings:  http://haslametrics.com/ratings.php

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (12/11/2021 8:39 am)

12/10/2021 9:32 pm  #2

Re: Game Thread - New Hampshire Wildcats

Sigh. Phoenix posted this at 6:18 and not one reply yet. Interest is fading and it's only December. I am very concerned about the students. Opening night might have been the high point for the year. I will be in attendance. Wouldn't expect the StubHub market for the ticket is anything over $0. I want to observe if Williams has given up on the 3-ball; if there is any indication of a zone defense at any point; if Larson is still given major minutes; if Gunn still has the boot on; if Hima gets any minutes; which Spears shows up. Peace brothers!

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

12/11/2021 7:48 am  #3

Losing interest indeed. 70 degrees today tee time 11:30 🤔🤔🤔 Golf… I would bet the over on FanDuel that Coach Dambrot never exhaust his time outs. At his post game press conference he then complains his key players ran out of gas. Then he notes every key mistake down the stretch. What 3 timeouts left. Is there a pattern here? How about coaching up this team.

12/11/2021 11:13 am  #4

Getting ready to head out for a bite to eat then to the game.  Of all the games so far Im thinking this one will say most about the state of this team.  The other losses all had a caveat - whether the other team was much better than we thought they were or Dukes haven't played enough together.  New Hampshire should be a walk in the park for any A-10 team no matter how bad they are.  Dukes need to show they can crush a team like this and that they are ready for the A-10.

12/11/2021 12:44 pm  #5

Wouldn't really expect a walk in the park, though it would be nice. UNH has played two Big East teams (Marquette and Providence) way tougher on the road than the Dukes played DePaul. 

12/11/2021 12:54 pm  #6

Looks like Spears and Johnson in the posted starting lineup. Plus Okani, Easley, Williams.

12/11/2021 1:41 pm  #7

Just get a W here today and while I would love a walk in the park I will take a 1 point W today! Rotroff giving some good minutes Go Dukes

12/11/2021 1:50 pm  #8

KD has talked about failing to close games out alot! We need to close this one out!!! Go Dukes

12/11/2021 1:53 pm  #9

Judge Jack McVay Jr wrote:

Just get a W here today and while I would love a walk in the park I will take a 1 point W today! Rotroff giving some good minutes Go Dukes

Not the time to push the panic button....yet, if they win the next three winnable games, then its 6-7 entering into league play. In my view anything less than 2 wins is sign of disaster

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (12/11/2021 1:54 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

12/11/2021 1:59 pm  #10

Ellis Cannon is a moron.

12/11/2021 2:36 pm  #11

Espn just cut out for anyone else?

12/11/2021 2:38 pm  #12

townsonkid wrote:

Espn just cut out for anyone else?

Yep

12/11/2021 2:48 pm  #13

Wow, we got a call and then they quickly got the make up.

12/11/2021 2:55 pm  #14

Congrats Dukes… on the win.

12/11/2021 3:12 pm  #15

Happy to see Rotroff play well.  1 rebound short of a double-double.   Acuff played a good game too.   Nice to win and get a week off.

12/11/2021 3:22 pm  #16

I would give the game ball to Austin Rotroff.  I am very happy for Austin.  He has overcome so much in his career at Duquesne.  He played a terrific game.  I hope this is his break out game. Let's win the last two non conference games to build some momentum going into conference play.  Go Dukes!

12/11/2021 3:31 pm  #17

Rotroff  played 19 min without a personal foul or turnover. A good game.
Dukes had only 3 turnovers which is very good.
Now to knock off Irvine and Wofford.

12/11/2021 3:31 pm  #18

As Williams was uncharacteristically terrible today, on offense at least, we needed every bit of Rotroff's performance to get the W. Do hope it leads to bigger and better things. But man, 5-12 from the line? Is this team ever going to figure out the basics, like FT shooting? A win is a win is a win, I guess, however unimpressive. Good of Ellis Cannon to let us know what a measuring stick this game was for UNH.

12/11/2021 3:57 pm  #19

I guess Ellis was using his undergraduate n law degree both from Pitt.

12/11/2021 6:50 pm  #20

FAM wrote:

I guess Ellis was using his undergraduate n law degree both from Pitt.

I don’t understand the Ellis Cannon hate on this board. He reminds me of Dennis Miller on Monday night football. His IQ is over 60 unlike the majority of the current status of Play by play individuals. At least he can speak in an articulate manner. Have you watched espn or fox sports announcers.

12/11/2021 6:52 pm  #21

I could never stand Benz. He must hate Duquesne.

12/11/2021 6:56 pm  #22

IronDuke81
I myself have noticed how bad these local guys are with the Dukes. Ellis Canon must have an ax to grind, definitely. We got a win. I was there with my son, but you gotta win

12/11/2021 7:26 pm  #23

1111 Vickroy wrote:

IronDuke81
I myself have noticed how bad these local guys are with the Dukes. Ellis Canon must have an ax to grind, definitely. We got a win. I was there with my son, but you gotta win

Do you really believe both Benz & Cannon hate Duquesne basketball. Really???????

12/11/2021 7:32 pm  #24

Agree with you Vickroy 💯 on getting a win today but in fairness  too Tim Benz did write a nice article on Dukes football and the  upset at Athens for 1st FBS win. I also have to admit that I didn't hear his broadcast and still enjoy the radio broadcast when not at the game! Go Dukes

12/11/2021 7:32 pm  #25

-Very happy for Rotroff. His play today gives me hope.

-Acuff is getting his feet under him. These are the minutes & contributions I have been waiting for. The more he plays the better he gets.

-Ayers & Williams had very poor shooting games but the team had 5 other guys in double figures. That seems noteworthy.

-NH is a bigger, better coached, & more experienced team. I think they would win 4-5 A-10 games this year. Combine that with better execution & not choking down the stretch, & you have a pretty good win.

-Controlling turnovers is a big strength for this year's team. I dig that.

-There were 2 second half stretches when 3 or 4 possesioms of zone defense were a no-brainer. Why do most of the board posters understand this but the coach just can't bring himself to?

-JJ is finding a role. His dribble penetration breaks down the D & makes for efficient scoring while his shooting from deep stretches the D some. He is not lost as a defender. He gets his paws on balls.

-I was pleased to see both Bkelja & Primo get yanked after getting torched twice each.They got back in & I like that too.

-Both Ayers & Primo are very comfortable taking big shots.

-I cannot get over the futility of the set offense.

Board footera