Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/17/2021 5:56 pm  #1

Looks like the variant is spreading quickly.

Doesn't look good for the remainder of the season especially with Christmas coming up. Penn State had to cancel their game with VCU, Seton Hall did the same because of Covid versus Iona. Quite a few cancellations in the last 48 hours. We'll see, but way too many unvaccinated people out there to think this season will end up any different then it did two seasons ago at a less extent last season. Lets hope not, but it doesn't look too promising. If only people wore masks when Covid broke out originally and didn't think it was some kind of conspiracy or political thing. Hope the Dukes players, coaches, and staff are due diligent.

Last edited by Rayrich (12/17/2021 6:09 pm)

12/17/2021 6:10 pm  #2

Re: Looks like the variant is spreading quickly.

I agree 100% with that concern.  Let’s just keep hoping

12/17/2021 6:43 pm  #3

Rayrich wrote:

Doesn't look good for the remainder of the season especially with Christmas coming up. Penn State had to cancel their game with VCU, Seton Hall did the same because of Covid versus Iona. Quite a few cancellations in the last 48 hours. We'll see, but way too many unvaccinated people out there to think this season will end up any different then it did two seasons ago at a less extent last season. Lets hope not, but it doesn't look too promising. If only people wore masks when Covid broke out originally and didn't think it was some kind of conspiracy or political thing. Hope the Dukes players, coaches, and staff are due diligent.

Couldn't agree more with  every last thing that you said. Don't want to get too political here but damn!!!!!

Last edited by El Presidente (12/17/2021 6:44 pm)

12/17/2021 6:49 pm  #4

kcc173 wrote:

I agree 100% with that concern. Let’s just keep hoping

Thank you. It's all too disturbing.

12/17/2021 6:52 pm  #5

El Presidente wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Couldn't agree more with  every last thing that you said. Don't want to get too political here but damn!!!!!

I hear you, but their comes a time to take the gloves off when over 800,000 have died, and these clowns continue their BS agenda.

12/17/2021 10:11 pm  #6

We should be compliant with wearing masks at the Coop.

12/18/2021 10:21 am  #7

pressurecooker wrote:

We should be compliant with wearing masks at the Coop.

And may I suggest elsewhere as well, especially an indoor setting where there are many folks whom we do not know such as in Christmas shopping. Stores seem quite crowded with many shoppers unmasked. We have met the enemy and it is us!

12/18/2021 10:51 am  #8

Agree with pressurecooker!  The first game everyone was very compliant but the last two were absurd.  Probably 60% or more not wearing.  I understand with eating and drinking but it was for the whole game.  I emailed DH about it (and the loud music) and he acknowledged both.  The music is at least turned down in the bathroom and back concourses.  He said they would make it more clear about masks.  But hard to enforce.  Needs to be made clear upon entry and during the game.  Needs to be taken seriously.  Go Dukes!

12/18/2021 10:59 am  #9

A friend of mine in South Africa told me the new omicron variant is 25 times less deadly than the flu.  Wear a mask if you want.

12/18/2021 11:54 am  #10

Turn down that music!
Get that mask on!
Is it ok with you guys if we cheer?
" It's time to take off the gloves".....these clowns and their BS agenda."
Just curious Rayrich but what do you mean by " time to take off the gloves" and what is the 
" agenda" you speak of?    Just curious.

12/18/2021 11:57 am  #11

Not too concerned about omicron at least not yet.  But yes I will wear a mask as delta is still the main threat for hospitalization and if I am asymptomatic or only mildly sick it will protect others.  That is the main purpose of a mask anyway.  You know, the common good.

12/18/2021 1:26 pm  #12

RedandBlueRUs wrote:

Not too concerned about omicron at least not yet. But yes I will wear a mask as delta is still the main threat for hospitalization and if I am asymptomatic or only mildly sick it will protect others. That is the main purpose of a mask anyway. You know, the common good.

The whole idea behind wearing a mask is to protect our fellow citizens. If it protects us as well to any extent all the better. If you are vaxxed or unvaxxed, at least do this for others at the COOP and elsewhere. We will all be better off for it.

12/18/2021 1:38 pm  #13

Dukes WBB game with Cornell on Tuesday cancelled because of the virus.
My opinion is that of patience and diligence.

12/18/2021 2:18 pm  #14

Politics, politics, even on a Duquesne basketball site you can't get away from it

12/18/2021 3:39 pm  #15

News flash!! COVID is not politics! 

12/18/2021 3:58 pm  #16

News flash, it's being used for politics president

12/18/2021 4:03 pm  #17

Talk basketball, not the propriety of masks. There is substantial disagreement on these topics. N yes, this has become political

12/18/2021 4:04 pm  #18

Let's not start down this road.  COVID is dangerous and should be taken seriously. I won't go to the Coop. My choice and not a political one, OK?

12/18/2021 4:11 pm  #19

The reason why I used the word compliant is that the policy at the Coop is to wear masks.

12/18/2021 4:20 pm  #20

That's what I said . It's politics. Take it somewhere else

12/18/2021 6:18 pm  #21

Saul's A Team wrote:

Turn down that music!
Get that mask on!
Is it ok with you guys if we cheer?
" It's time to take off the gloves".....these clowns and their BS agenda."
Just curious Rayrich but what do you mean by " time to take off the gloves" and what is the 
" agenda" you speak of?    Just curious.

Really have to ask that? Yeah it's political we all know it. A dozen plus games cancelled today and why? Well it's because a certain faction of the population has made many suffer and die, by being political, and/or having wacked out conspiracy theories. It's all around us. Their is not a board in this country that doesn't discuss this issue and it's ramifications. Hell, if i'm not going to speak out on the truth no matter what board or what people I may offend, than i'm just a pawn. Sit quiet and nothing changes, just gets worse. History has proved that over and over again.

12/18/2021 6:39 pm  #22

Bilgy wrote:

A friend of mine in South Africa told me the new omicron variant is 25 times less deadly than the flu.  Wear a mask if you want.

Lol. 1500 people dying everyday in this country from the previous variant. Your friend works for the CDC I suppose. "My neighbor down the street told me that the virus is a Chinese conspiracy and that the earth is flat".  Sure. People need to get their heads out of their collective asses, stop being what I call "spoiled ass man babies" and suck it up for once in their lives and wear a mask. Man up. It's not that tough.

12/18/2021 6:49 pm  #23

" A certain faction of the population has made many suffer and die"
Who?............. Please identify this evil faction.
I'm not offended I'm just curious.
You seem to be the one with the " conspiracy theories"
In the past few days I have been to high school basketball games at North Hills, Fox Chapel 
Burrrell and Jeannette.
The vast majority of senior citizens ,adults, adolescents and kids in attendance
were NOT wearing masks.
Are you blaming them?
Are you blaming the respective Athletic Directors?
IF you want to make it political look no further than the clowns running the show in D.C. now.
Why don't you walk through the student section next week and demand they put their masks on?
Of course they probably won't be able to hear you with that darned loud music!

12/18/2021 7:24 pm  #24

No offence to anyone, but I am going to shut this thread down.  It is not a matter of Politics but of respect of the University and others.  The University mandated wearing mask unless eating or drinking.  Just do it or don't go to the games.  Your choice.  Seems simple to me.  

Board footera