Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/29/2013 5:33 am  #1

Media Day - PG Blog & Article

Thanks for the update Stephen.

http://blogs.post-gazette.com/sports/2013-06-20-18-53-28/dukes-dispatches/39585-news-and-notes-from-2013-14-duquesne-media-day

"Not much news this week, since I just spoke with Jim Ferry a few days ago. No update on the eligibility of Micah Mason or Jordan Robinson. As far as an injury report, Isaiah Watkins is still out, recovering from a leg surgery (above the knee) and re-scope a few weeks ago. The bigger news is that Tra’Vaughn White is in a boot with a high ankle sprain and missed the last week of practice."

"The secret scrimmage vs. Miami (Ohio) on Saturday may or may have happened. You’ll never know. But Ferry was willing to offer a few details, the most telling of which was that Duquesne had just six players."

Dukes, Ferry quickly developing chemistry
October 28, 2013 10:00 PM
By Stephen J. Nesbitt/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/duquesne/2013/10/29/Dukes-Ferry-quickly-developing-chemistry/stories/201310290039

Last edited by CLK (10/29/2013 5:47 am)

10/29/2013 6:12 am  #2

Re: Media Day - PG Blog & Article

The dreaded "high ankle sprain". Ugh!

10/29/2013 7:44 am  #3

6 players for scrimmage???
Something else is going on, if true. We have 12 scholarship players.
5 are out right now: Mason (eligibility), Robinson (eligibility), Lewis (redshirt), Watkins (injury) and White (injury).
Leaves us with 7: Colter, Jones, Jones, Soko, McKoy, Gill and Ridenour.
Who is the odd man out?  And why??  (Injury, talent, etc.)

10/29/2013 10:44 am  #4

Gill sat out the season ticket holder preview scrimmage so maybe he is out.  I feel bad for Watkins.  Hopefully his knee heals completely, but this reminds me too much of Datt and Peggau with follow up surgeries. 

I hope we hear on Micah and Robinson before the exhibition game on Saturday.

10/31/2013 11:40 am  #5

11/01/2013 11:04 am  #6

I think he said we only had one guy that could dribble. If that's true he should have been coach of the year.

Board footera