Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2022 2:51 pm  #1

1/06/2022 2:56 pm  #2

Re: Zoom Call Highlights From Zoom Call With Coach Dambrot

"Just got off zoom with Duquesne HC Keith Dambrot. Will have the presser as a thread below but he’s been battling Covid for a while and is just starting to get some energy back. Likely wouldn’t have been able to coach if games were canceled. Least he’s feeling better."

"Just about everyone for Dukes got covid but has recovered and currently is set to play Saturday against UMass. Don't expect any more pauses from this team. Also, Tre Williams has been cleared and will be a full go to play, same as Primo Spears. Both were hurt against UC Irvine."

"However, it's likely that D-II transfer RJ Gunn is going to be shut down for the season. Coach Dambrot says its his decision but that it wouldn't be fair to use his lone year of D-I for just a couple of months. Ankle still hasn't progressed since reaggravating it in November."

"Coach Dambrot is happy that no one has left the team during semester break and boasts that the Team GPA is the highest he's ever had as a D-I coach. Praises the character and maturity of the team and how they consistently practice hard each day."

"One player in particular Coach Dambrot has been happy with is freshman guard Jackie Johnson, who went from a quick hook early on to now a starter and key piece of the rotation. He's been in the gym more than anymore and has always been willing to listen. Also an elite shooter."

"Regarding UMass, Coach Dambrot says that they're one of the best offensive teams in the country and it's important to not get into a shootout with them. "If they shoot 40% from deep, we likely won't win". Also praise for lead scorer Noah Fernandes and guards Rich and CJ Kelly."

"From a playstyle standpoint, look for Duquesne leading scorer Leon Ayers to play more point going forward. Had a team-high 4 assists in win over UC Irvine. View it as "shared responsibilities" between Ayers, Spears, and Johnson. Dukes rank in bottom-40 nationally in assists."

"
I asked Dambrot to expand on the team needing to play better "technically". He says Dukes have to pass the ball more and play better defense all 40 min. Which helps explain why Ayers is playing point more now. Also look for Acuff, best rotation defending G to play more as well".        

Last edited by CLK (1/06/2022 3:06 pm)

1/06/2022 3:12 pm  #3

The coach is happy that no one entered the transfer portal.    I thought we couldn’t discuss that.  😀

1/06/2022 4:58 pm  #4

A83 wrote:

The coach is happy that no one entered the transfer portal.    I thought we couldn’t discuss that.  😀

Good one😂Maybe Coach Dambrot does read this board.

1/07/2022 2:12 am  #5

1/07/2022 3:55 am  #6

Here’s the video of the Zoom call courtesy of Pittsburgh Sports Now:  https://youtu.be/q5B5M0uJOWA

1/07/2022 9:09 am  #7

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Article by Dave Mackall of Trib from Zoom call with KD.

https://triblive.com/sports/duquesne-coach-keith-dambrot-staff-players-recovering-from-covid/

Thanks PR another good article from Dave DiPaola Mackall😁

Board footera