Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/22/2022 5:26 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - St. Bonaventure Bonnies (H)

I didn't watch the game last night and just saw the replay.  The first half was brutal, but I was very much encouraged by the Dukes play in the second half.  The Dukes in my opinion out played the Bonnies in the second half.  We saw a Duquesne team we have not seen all year.  There was actually unselfish ball movement resulting in easy layups, the man defense was more intense, and the team played with more confidence.  A few more made wide open threes and who knows.  I say bottle this stuff and unleash it against St. Joe.

On a side note, some of the comments on this board have gone from bad to ugly.  Pease don't ask why your post was deleted. 

1/22/2022 5:57 pm  #27

Phil95 you hit the nail on the head with your comment concerning Bekelja and what scares me is KD saying he is going to play him no matter what until others play better D.  How about getting the others guys to step up their D...........I hate playing 4 against 5 offensively when MB is in the game. 

1/22/2022 6:47 pm  #28

PistolPete wrote:

Phil95 you hit the nail on the head with your comment concerning Bekelja and what scares me is KD saying he is going to play him no matter what until others play better D.  How about getting the others guys to step up their D...........I hate playing 4 against 5 offensively when MB is in the game. 

It occurs to me that KD may be sending a message with that statement. Everyone needs to step up their defense or get some pine time. Whoever it may apply to. Who knows? It's quite possible and even likely that most of these players have never been asked to play the kind of defense that they are asked to play now.

1/23/2022 8:48 am  #29

phil95 wrote:

That record would be just fine with me if the Dukes we're to win the A-10 tourney at the end of this season.

5 years of incremental progress ending in an NCAA appearance; where do I sign-up for that?

We will never know, but Covid blew up the chance in Dambrot’s 3rd year (2020) for our tourney bid. 21-9 and 11-7 in the conference going into the A-10 tournament. NIT was certainly possible with a couple of wins, and who knows after that (although unlikely with that Dayton team standing in the way).

Board footera