Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/28/2022 3:48 pm  #26

Re: Legacy of the Last 4 Duquesne Men's Coaches ??

townsonkid wrote:

i was on 4th floor st anne's
Dukes had fun players then, Whithead, Alston, Pipkins, Watkins, Hunter, etc.   The NIT bid was fun, actually won a game vs UNC Charlotte, hosted 2 NIT games that year(1993-94).

I remember Efrom Whitehead hitting 5 second half 3 pointers in a comeback win over a ranked Fla St team. I have to admit I left that game at halftime as I was young and had exciting things to do I'm sure.  Obviously, leaving that game still stings today

1/28/2022 7:07 pm  #27

stew wrote:

The students could care less and in 10 years all the alumni who cared will be dead.

Yes, I once observed that the people who remember DU being really really great were in diapers then, and ironically soon will be again. 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/28/2022 7:10 pm  #28

townsonkid wrote:

30 years ago I was a freshman at DU, we got a NIT bid,during my years there, and not much more since.   Its amazing.   Who has the longest stretch without a NCAA bid?   We gotta be top 5.

Ironically the city I moved too with a great academic school and lousy athletics, RICE, has a longer drought than us. Also a few of the "who cares" bottom dwelling Ivies and one of the "Mid Central Lower Tennesee" type schools. That's about it.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera