Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2022 4:56 pm  #26

Re: Which personalities influenced the basketball disaster at Duquesne?

I believe I did the most to destroy Duquesne basketball.  There it’s out.  A hard admission.   So now that the truth is known, might we take off our shrouds, drink more Cool Aid, find the rose-colored glasses, and accent the positive?  I’ll start: How ‘bout that Hima, huh?

1/31/2022 7:54 am  #27

How about Bob Smizik (Or Snide-Zik) before he wrote the article about Dave Roddy - teams seemed to be pretty solid every year -  after that the Mike Rice Era was the only time they could put together some solid seasons back-to-back.   Rice was the beneficiary of having Bruce Atkins, Doug Arnold (for one year) Ricky Tunstall (for one year) and Bill Clarke (for one year) -  In recent years how many bigs like that have been from this area?

And does anyone else remember "Dr" Bill Clarke going through the warm-ups in a white lab coat covering green scrubs ???   Wonder how many coaches BACK THEN would have let a player do something like THAT?????

1/31/2022 1:43 pm  #28

Hahaha I love it SkepticAl and the Dr in his lab coat !!!! Coach Cinny let them have some fun and remember the Peoples Choice Don Gambridge and Ernest Cooper working out a little pre game disco warm-up amongst themselves too!!

Board footera