Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/28/2022 5:20 pm  #2

Re: Trib Article

Keith is a competitor and he will not give up. It is hard to believe that he doesn’t have enough big men to play the style of ball he has in the past. This notion of positionless basketball simply doesn’t work in college. Big centers and power forwards are really key to winning. A Dambrot team that doesn’t have the bigs baffles.

1/28/2022 5:48 pm  #3

He has Rotroff, Gunn and Hima
Two hurt and one in development.
If Rotroff and Gunn were healthy and playing
at a reasonable level, I believe we would have a better record.
I agree with KD--what he is doing is risky-for guy his age that takes courage.

1/28/2022 6:13 pm  #4

I really enjoyed Coach Dambrots response about not giving up. 👍 I also sympathize with the loss of Gunn & Rotroff for the remainder of the season. However , I remained puzzled as to Dambrots refusal to change up defenses & offensive sets. Unfortunately, I suspect that against SLU the Dukes will stand around & watch Primo chuck bricks. . Secondly, the 5 will set a pick at the elbow & roll without any chance of getting the ball. Can you Imagine the player rubbing off picks in a motion to attack a man. Not with Mr. old school. My problem is based upon his limitations he does the same on offense & defense. Stubborn is a failure resulting in losses. Flexibility shows a desire to win with limitations via your limited roster. Same old results Dukes bottom feeders of A10. Clearly, Elvis will have left UPMC Cooper Center. Missed opportunities indeed. Not a hater but please give the opposing coaches something to prepare for instead of the current same old same old. If it fails kudos to Coach Dambrot for trying. I remember Ron going 10/40 with walk ons and beating the X at home ranked 6 or 8 in the rankings.

Last edited by Ironduke81 (1/28/2022 11:05 pm)

1/28/2022 6:54 pm  #5

I enjoyed reading the article but the same old diatribe. I’m surprised he didn’t throw in that he coached LeBron James.  Living in the past can be a wonderful thing… but he was right on one point… he hasn’t delivered.

1/28/2022 7:29 pm  #6

I believe it was Chick Noll who said when you talk about retirement you have already retired.

Board footera