Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2022 10:10 pm  #1

Game Thread - University of Dayton Flyers (A)

7:00pm EST tip on Wednesday 02/09/2022 at the University of Dayton Arena, Dayton, OH
Per KenPom:
Dukes #243 (6-14; 1-7 A-10) vs University of Dayton Flyers #62 (15-8; 7-3 A-10)
Game prediction: Dukes lose by 15, 72-57 - Dukes with 8% probability of a win.
Betting line: Dukes are 13½ point underdogs; Over/Under 128
Duquesne 7-13 Against the Spread: Dayton 11-12 ATS

Dukes Best Win(s): Bradley (92); UC Irvine (115); UMass (117)
Dukes Worst Loss(es): Northeastern (265); Marshall (237); Bowling Green (233)
Dayton Best Win(s): Kansas (7); Virginia Tech (36); Saint Louis (48)
Dayton Worst Loss(es): Lipscomb (287); Austin Peay (275); UMass Lowell (261)

Four Factors ==> Effective field goal percentage; Turnover percentage; Offensive rebounding percentage; Free throw rate (shown below if team has Top 100 ranking overall or top 4 in conference as a strength; if team has Bottom 100 ranking or bottom 4 in conference as a weakness)

Here's a look at Dayton for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: Offensive Rebound % (55); Effective FG % (62)
Offensive Weakness: Turnover % (305)
Defensive Strength: Offensive Rebound % (19); FT Rate (33); Effective FG % (71)
Defensive Weakness: None

Here's a look at Dayton in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  Offensive Rebound % (3)
Offensive Weakness:  None
Defensive Strength:  Offensive Rebound % (2); FT Rate (2); Effective FG % (2)
Defensive Weakness:  None

Here's a look at the Dukes for the season (national ranking out of 358 teams):
Offensive Strength: Offensive Rebound % (70)
Offensive Weakness: FT Rate (342); Effective FG % (313)
Defensive Strength: FT Rate (11)
Defensive Weakness: Offensive Rebound % (308); Effective FG % (271)

Here's a look at the Dukes in the A-10 (conference ranking out of 14 teams):
Offensive Strength:  None
Offensive Weakness:  FT Rate (14); Effective FG % (14)
Defensive Strength:  FT Rate (1)
Defensive Weakness:  Offensive Rebound % (13); Effective FG % (12)

Points per Possession and Number of Possessions
Dayton Adj Offense Efficiency - 107.2; 99 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Defense Efficiency - 106.4; 246 in D-1
Dayton Adj Defense Efficiency - 94.7; 41 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Offense Efficiency - 100.1; 229 in D-1
Dayton Adj Tempo - 64.0; 334 in D-1 vs Dukes Adj Tempo - 66.1; 291 in D-1

Miscellaneous
Experience - Dayton 0.31 yrs; 358 in D-1; Dukes 0.74 yrs; 354 in D-1
Average Height - Dayton 77.9"; 55 in D-1; Dukes 77.0"; 155 in D-1

Haslametrics = has the Dukes as 256th in the country.
Dayton is 53rd in the country.
Automated Game Preview:  https://haslametrics.com/preview.php?yr=&tid1=4391&tid2=4359&neut=0
Overall Ratings:  http://haslametrics.com/ratings.php

2/09/2022 9:31 am  #2

Re: Game Thread - University of Dayton Flyers (A)

SLU 77 Dukes 53. Hima played season high 12 minutes against a very physical team. 3 offensive & 3 defensive rebounds. 1 steal. 5 blocks 3 attempted blocks altering shots. 4 Pts. Richmond next game 11 minute 3 rebounds.VCU 1 minute. 7’7 wingspan. Raw Freshman who has a bright future based upon his physical attributes. My point is🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

2/09/2022 9:46 am  #3

My son in law bought the tickets after the UC Irvine win so we are headed to game to watch the Bluffites
pull the shocking upset tonight.Hopefully winning tonight will bring some much needed positivity and joy
to the folks that follow the Dukes.

2/09/2022 10:07 am  #4

Stew,
If it doesn’t go well, please don’t harm yourself.

2/09/2022 1:28 pm  #5

There is absolutely no reason to believe that the Dukes are going to win tonight except Bob Prince's "hidden vigorish" routine of many decades ago. So I will watch and hope that somehow, some way we pull this off. It would be great, wouldn't it?

2/09/2022 3:42 pm  #6

El Presidente wrote:

There is absolutely no reason to believe that the Dukes are going to win tonight except Bob Prince's "hidden vigorish" routine of many decades ago. So I will watch and hope that somehow, some way we pull this off. It would be great, wouldn't it?

You're asking a lot of the "vigorish"!

2/09/2022 4:08 pm  #7

If the Dukes win i head to center court naked, planting  my butt on the Dayton Flyer logo.

2/09/2022 4:16 pm  #8

What if, at game time, three Dayton starters
test positive for the virus?

2/09/2022 5:08 pm  #9

levon1975 wrote:

El Presidente wrote:

You're asking a lot of the "vigorish"!

YEP!!!!!

2/09/2022 7:50 pm  #10

Ladies game is close at the half.

2/09/2022 8:25 pm  #11

I might be called crazy for this post….but I want more Larsen. I cannot stand how selfish some of our guys play. Our best run of the first half was with Larsen on the court. Maybe that was a just a coincidence, but maybe not.

Getting back cut, getting stripped from behind, stepping out of bounds, giving up offensive rebounds off of free throws, bad shot selection. These things are not coaching, they are from a lack of focus and mere selfishness of individuals. And that is exacty what we are. A bunch of individuals. My eyes are bleeding. When we play together, we look formidable. When we don’t, we are abysmal.

2/09/2022 8:37 pm  #12

Well, the Dukes really exposed their shortcomings tonight.  But, on a positive note, at least stew did not have to reveal his.

2/09/2022 8:48 pm  #13

They just put Mickey Cooney in — and he scored.

2/09/2022 8:56 pm  #14

Did anyone notice the Dayton announcers crushing Duquesne’s pathetic offensive sets or lack thereof. My second point is much sympathy for the AD who was an assistant AD at Dayton watching this beat down. Again the Dayton announcers saw in ONE game which we have seen all year as to this lack of offensive sets on the part of Dambrot. Obviously, the comments on this board may not be that crazy

2/09/2022 9:01 pm  #15

Hopefully Harper was embarrassed to the point of not renewing Dambrots contract when it’s up… or talking him into resigning on his own.  Dambrot and Cappel from Pitt could go on the road as a vaudeville show.

2/09/2022 9:09 pm  #16

I watched the ladies game for 2nd half.  Its not any better there.   They had 4-5 shot clock violations in the 2nd half.  Lost by 2.  At least they have joy in them and seem to like playing.  The mens team looks miserable.

2/09/2022 10:36 pm  #17

The Dukes just lack cohesion offensively,no set plays and its either drive to the basket or settle for the
22 foot jump shot. I thought Williams and Okanai played decent but everybody else not so much.I
dont get upset anymore,I enjoyed the atmosphere and the Dukes played well for first 10 minutes and 
Daytons talent took over.It was 60-30 and Dayton brought in the walkons. The end.

2/10/2022 12:16 am  #18

Its just been a overwhelmingly pathetic year for the mens and womens teams.The women lose to GW 50-48,
which just is so dissappointing,you got a Fordham team that looks like it could sweep the Dukes men on 
Saturday.

2/10/2022 8:05 am  #19

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

They just put Mickey Cooney in — and he scored.

The Team Manager Scored?  

2/10/2022 8:11 am  #20

townsonkid wrote:

I watched the ladies game for 2nd half. Its not any better there. They had 4-5 shot clock violations in the 2nd half. Lost by 2. At least they have joy in them and seem to like playing. The mens team looks miserable.

Perhaps yesterday should have been called "The Duquesne Day of Losing"!  The women looked like they might turn things around when they won a few games in a row recently; but have now lost 3-4 in a row?  I lost count.  Last night they lost at home to a GW team that was 0-8 in the A-10!  I think we all expected the worst from the Men's team at Dayton, but this is three straight years of the once-proud Women's Team finding new ways to lose.

2/10/2022 8:28 am  #21

I dont understand the ladies team.   They were the better team last night, but looked like they had no plan except to run down the shot clock every possession, which makes no sense if you are the better team.   

Maybe its in the water?   

2/10/2022 9:21 am  #22

I'm in the Stew camp.  I don't get upset anymore either.  I thought after 3 consecutive years of improvement these A-10 basement days were over but I was wrong.  I will enjoy going to the rest of the home games and look for something to build on for next year.  I'll watch to see which players want to be here and get better and which ones don't.  

I won't understand if we do not see Hima for at least 15 minutes every game.  This is a perfect opportunity for him to get experience.  The season is lost as it pertains to wins and losses but there are still a lot of games left to be played.  If KD does not play Hima the only conclusion I can draw is that it is known already that either KD or Hima is not coming back next year  

If KD is coming back he needs to focus the PT on the players he is sure are coming back and get them to understand fully what he is trying to do.  The guys that just want to play one on one and get on tape for future suitors need to get reduced playing time even if doing so does not give us the best chance to win on that given night.

Last edited by Styles1229 (2/10/2022 9:22 am)

2/10/2022 9:40 am  #23

CityDuke wrote:

I might be called crazy for this post….but I want more Larsen. I cannot stand how selfish some of our guys play. Our best run of the first half was with Larsen on the court. Maybe that was a just a coincidence, but maybe not.

Getting back cut, getting stripped from behind, stepping out of bounds, giving up offensive rebounds off of free throws, bad shot selection. These things are not coaching, they are from a lack of focus and mere selfishness of individuals. And that is exacty what we are. A bunch of individuals. My eyes are bleeding. When we play together, we look formidable. When we don’t, we are abysmal.

No disrespect, but how is this all not on the coach?  This is his team. If he can't get them to do what he wants and play together as a team that's on him. He drove off really good players who are thriving at other places because he said they were not good enough to win championships, and then brings in guys he heralded as his best team that promptly takes us to the bottom of the League.  This is all on Dambrot!!!  tt is pretty clear he has lost control of this team.  I would not be surprised if there was another mass exodus of players again this year.  
He couldn't have done a worse job of recruiting, managing and coaching these players if he was trying to get fired. Very sad.

2/10/2022 9:55 am  #24

CLK wrote:

CityDuke wrote:

No disrespect, but how is this all not on the coach?  This is his team. If he can't get them to do what he wants and play together as a team that's on him. He drove off really good players who are thriving at other places because he said they were not good enough to win championships, and then brings in guys he heralded as his best team that promptly takes us to the bottom of the League.  This is all on Dambrot!!!  tt is pretty clear he has lost control of this team.  I would not be surprised if there was another mass exodus of players again this year.  
He couldn't have done a worse job of recruiting, managing and coaching these players if he was trying to get fired. Very sad.

Agree totally CLK.  Have you ever been in a High School and see a class of students completely misbehaving, disrespecting the teacher and not doing what is asked of them - then see those same students in another class behaving exactly the opposite?  For whatever reason, KD is not getting his players to do what he wants/needs them to do.  Other coaches are.  Did KD get the only "selfish", "unfocused" players in the A-10 while the other teams recruited selfless, focused ones?  Obviously not - this is all on the coach.  All of it

2/10/2022 9:55 am  #25

CLK wrote:

CityDuke wrote:

Board footera