Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/11/2022 10:16 am  #1

PG today

Does anyone believe our coaching staff is checking in with these kids, for sure Thiero, or going to any of their games?   I dont.

The WPIAL regular season has less than a week remaining, and Markus Frank is averaging 27.1 points after Tuesday’s win against Beaver. Adou Thiero is averaging 24.3. It is very likely the two will end up becoming only the fourth WPIAL duo since the 1979-80 season to both average 23 points or more during the regular season.

Thiero noticed an upgrade in Frank’s game last year. Before his junior season, Frank trained some with Thiero’s father, Al, who is 6-9 and played at Memphis and Duquesne. Thiero’s mom, Mariam, is 6-3 and was selected in the 2006 WNBA draft.“We started working out together before our junior year and I think that’s when things really started to click with him,” Thiero said. “He started to make some noise his junior year.”Thiero has a few Division I college offers and a few more major colleges have shown interest lately. Early in the season, Mastroianni was frustrated at the lack of recruiting interest in Frank. Mastroianni believed Frank was an excellent Division II prospect, but more Division II schools are starting to show interest in Frank lately.

Quick note from another article in the PG:
Lincoln Park’s backcourt continues to be led by 6-foot-5 senior L.A. Pratt and 6-2 sophomore Brandin Cummings. Pratt, a Duquesne recruit, is averaging 17.4 points a game and Cummings a team-high 21.7 for the Leopards, who are 12-5 overall and 9-3 in Class 4A Section 2.

Last edited by townsonkid (2/11/2022 10:19 am)

2/14/2022 5:09 pm  #2

Re: PG today

Why would you suggest that?  It L.A. Pratt is already committed to Duquesne, then its fairly obvious that they have done much more than "checked in" on him.  AdouThiero has taken an unofficial visit to Duquesne, so again, obvious that the coaches have done more than just check on him. 
I know it's a disappointing year for the team, but let's not get ridiculous in trying to condemn the coaching staff. I'm sure they realize that they need to add talent; and size for next year.  

2/14/2022 5:26 pm  #3

Did the secretary set all that up?

2/15/2022 9:04 am  #4

Really?  If you read any of my other posts you would know your comment is unfounded; but I’m sure you thought it was clever.  I clearly don’t work for, or have any relationship to the coaching staff.

2/15/2022 11:08 am  #5

I never said you did,  I actually dont have any idea what you are now talking about.  Also, chill out.

2/16/2022 4:31 pm  #7

Thiero made an unofficial visit to Duquesne not too long ago if I'm not mistaken. Wonder if there is any chance that we could snag him. Looks like there is some stiff competition!!!

Board footera