Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/26/2022 11:10 pm  #1

Disappointing loss to St. Joe's

I will only point out that the difference on the court today was that St. Joe's showed that they are a very-well coached team and that was the difference in the game.

I would rate them as having the same level of talent as Duquesne, but the difference is they are far better coached then we are.  I should start by saying that it was noticeable early on as they were much more efficient in their offensive sets that led to easy and open layups and wide open 3's which they hit with ease.

I noticed how often the St. Joe's players knew where their teammates were going to be and would also be ready to receive the pass and score.  Compared to our players, that seemed to be throwing the ball to players that were not ready or not in the best position to catch the pass.

The difference is a product of better coaching by the St. Joe's and it showed as they shot nearly 50% from 3pt range and got to the foul line 20 times and made 16 free throws  As with LaSalle, St. Joes' played straight up man-to-man defense and blanketed Myers and defended the three point line forcing us to shoot contested 3s.  

We play St. Joe's again in the A10 tournament so we will see if our coaching staff learned anything from today.

Board footera