Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2022 5:59 pm  #2

Re: Duquesne Offers Adou Thiero

His dad played for Duquesne but cut short by injuries; I don’t think that matters.  His recruitment seems to be blowing up; so hopefully Duquesne still has a shot.

3/04/2022 7:47 pm  #3

Saw his dad at some Duquesne games for a couple of years after he graduated.

3/04/2022 8:21 pm  #4

I have managed to watch 25-30 minutes of game footage from this season from various extended highlight packages. 2 minutes here & 6 minutes there. The highlights are of the whole team not just him. 

He is dazzling & tough. However, I don't recall him actually playing a traditional point guard roll in any of those clips. 

Has an anybody seen him in person this year or last? Has anybody seen any full game footage? Maybe last year he played PG exclusively but is more of an ombudsman this year because of the big change in his height? Does he have another inch or 3 to grow?

I have seen Pratt play a couple of full games from this season. He too seems not to be playing PG full time. 

Players like Thiero, Keta, & Barre are not loaded down with strong offers at this point PARTLY because of the portal-world. High mid-majors & majors are making less offers to their B+ targets because they are taking a wait & see attitude on what great finds can be had late March-early May. If these guys were, pardon the pun, slam dunk high-major guys, they would already be committed.

Just maybe the Dukes could benefit from this by getting in on better recruits like Thiero because they would like the recruiting process to be finished for them sooner. Signing even 1 of these guys per season would be an enormous accomplishment.

3/26/2022 9:44 pm  #5

Adou got an offer from Kentucky today.  Although Duquesne and Kentucky are both similar types of programs and synonymous with success, I'm guessing he ends up with Calipari.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

3/27/2022 10:26 am  #6

I assume he is a good player but Cal usually recruits only 4 or  5-star players; so maybe there is a connection with his father a former D-1 player at Memphis and Duquesne.  Maybe the plan is to shake out some other P-5 offers now that they see that Kentucky has offered.

4/07/2022 11:52 am  #7

PSN reports that Adou is on an official visit this weekend.

4/08/2022 10:53 am  #8

With us?   Thats something if its us.   We can hope, right?

4/08/2022 11:22 am  #9

https://mobile.twitter.com/Adou_Thiero/status/1512080440064024576?cxt=HHwWgICp3cPJ_vspAAAA

From Adou’s Twitter. In truth, Duquesne may be this kid’s best place for growth, playing time and becoming a team leader and eventual star.  Kentucky, Maryland, etc. will recruit over him. Smart kid with smart parents. Don’t count the Dukes out.

4/08/2022 12:28 pm  #10

Fingers crossed!!!

4/12/2022 10:14 am  #11

4/12/2022 10:57 am  #12

Nice article

4/12/2022 1:54 pm  #13

I give the guy credit for staying at his local high school instead of going to one of the traveling basketball prep schools.  He got to win another WPIAL title with his friends.

4/12/2022 3:06 pm  #14

Simms, really: Kentucky and Duquesne similar? Synonymous with success? The Dukes are 272-360 in the past 20 years. They haven't been to the tournament in 45 years. Come on.

4/12/2022 4:43 pm  #15

Don’t tell me comedy is dead at Duquesne!   Satire my friend. Read it again.

4/12/2022 8:09 pm  #16

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

Don’t tell me comedy is dead at Duquesne!   Satire my friend. Read it again.

Thank you Mike.  Knee, I was 100% being sarcastic.  I do, however, hope that He chooses to come to Duquesne as he can shine here.

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

4/13/2022 6:31 am  #17

Sorry, Simms. I let my disappointment at the program -- for the past four decades -- get in the way of my ability to recognize satire.

Board footera