Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/06/2013 10:32 am  #1

Abilene Christian

Abilene Christian is in its first year of D1 hoops and only one player from last year's rotation returns, 5-9 guard Parker Wentz (8.3 ppg). Not sure where Wentz will fit in, because Abilene Christian recruited Harrison Hawkins, a junior transfer, to fill the PG role and Rafael Farley, a 6-5 transfer, and Michael Grant, a 6-5 freshman, to compete for starting time in the backcourt. An interesting player for Abilene Christian is 6-6 swingman James Pegues, who was a juco teammate of Tra'Vaughn White. Up front, Abilene Christian brought in 6-9 Alexsander Miloslanljevic and highly touted 6-10 Jacob Lancaster, who they are calling "one of the best big men in the JC ranks last year."

They're playing a pretty ambitious schedule this year which includes UConn, Maryland, Iowa, TCU and St. Bonaventure, and while they are likely to take some lumps, you have to believe they have this one circled as a potential win. They look to be built for speed and if their bigs pan out, we could be looking at a track meet. If their bigs are a reach, DU might be able to launch Ovie Soko into stardom.

Thoughts on an outcome? Score?

11/06/2013 11:51 am  #2

Re: Abilene Christian

Don't have any thoughts on an outcome but I will say that I couldn't attend last week's exhibition against Clarion, this is the first game I will be able to attend this year and I am looking forward for the first time in a long time to going to a Duke's game!  I anticipate an easy win.

11/06/2013 12:57 pm  #3

Just looking forward, as many of us are, to getting back to A.J.'s Place (Sec. B) for Duquesne basketball. Missed Clarion. Not expecting miracles this year but do expect way more than last season. Should be fun! Can't wait!

11/06/2013 1:06 pm  #4

I guess still no word on Mason or Robinson.

11/07/2013 5:55 pm  #5

11/09/2013 9:41 am  #6

Looking at the schedule, I have one question. Why do Duquesne fans always turn their noses up when a move to the NEC is brought up? Texas-Pan Am, New Hampshire, Amherst, it's a garbage schedule and this team simply can't compete when it gets to the tougher conference schedule. These non-conference games are simply there to get Duquesne to double-digit wins, but it's not a sign of improvement. I say move to the NEC where there can be some rivalries and it's more competitive. 

11/09/2013 10:01 am  #7

Glad the season is starting back up. I took some time away from following the team because it was just too darn depressing at times.

I went to the Clarion game and thought there are some definite reasons to be excited. All the new players looked decent. I am worried about the defense big time though!

This is a game that Duquesne should win handily but it could also be a back and forth battle.

Here's to an entertaining season!

No, we should not move to the NEC. Doesn't even warrant discussion.

11/09/2013 5:32 pm  #8

DukesDan wrote:

Glad the season is starting back up. I took some time away from following the team because it was just too darn depressing at times.

I went to the Clarion game and thought there are some definite reasons to be excited. All the new players looked decent. I am worried about the defense big time though!

This is a game that Duquesne should win handily but it could also be a back and forth battle.

Here's to an entertaining season!

No, we should not move to the NEC. Doesn't even warrant discussion.

Don't feed the troll.

11/09/2013 7:04 pm  #9

Board footera