Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/08/2013 6:44 am  #1

Seventeen win season predicted here. What say you?

Team cohesion and chemistry will be key, but Coach Ferry apparently has ALL his players buying into his program and style of play.
NIT bid this year folks.
Go DUKES!

11/08/2013 10:09 am  #2

Re: Seventeen win season predicted here. What say you?

With our schedule, 17 wins wouldn't get us to the CBI, let alone the NIT.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

11/08/2013 12:14 pm  #3

One game at a time please. There's so much we don't know about this team, and with all the injuries and the fact that Jordan Robinson hasn't even practiced with the team and may not be eligible to play this year, depth is an issue.

My concern with all the apparent bandwagon onboarding is that these are the characters who will line up to stab Jimmy Ferry in the back at the first sign of trouble.

Enjoy the good stuff as it happens, be patient with this team, and be realistic, please.

11/08/2013 5:43 pm  #4

Come on now El Duque we can all dream

My dream for this season is to make the NCAA tournament, play Arizona and knock them off. Then flip off TJ, his old man, the entire Miller family, DeCourcey, and the mustard guy.  Like I said we can all dream.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2013-11-08/tj-mcconnell-arizona-basketball-duquesne-transfer-ncaa-tournament-wildcats

Seriously, listening to Coach Ferry talk about his players last night it is hard not to get a little excited.  You are right of course, there are a lot of unknowns, but I have to say I will be very disappointed if we finish last in the A10 and don't win close to 15 games.

Last edited by CLK (11/08/2013 6:01 pm)

11/08/2013 8:53 pm  #5

ElDuque wrote:

One game at a time please. There's so much we don't know about this team, and with all the injuries and the fact that Jordan Robinson hasn't even practiced with the team and may not be eligible to play this year, depth is an issue.

My concern with all the apparent bandwagon onboarding is that these are the characters who will line up to stab Jimmy Ferry in the back at the first sign of trouble.

Enjoy the good stuff as it happens, be patient with this team, and be realistic, please.

El D you mean like they did with RE! No way not this group of fox hole guys!

11/08/2013 11:46 pm  #6

You people fall for the troll all the time.

11/09/2013 7:12 am  #7

CLK, you can sign me up for your dream, and not only would I pay for half of that lottery ticket, I'd kick in for the PowerPlay (beating Pitt so badly that the P-G doesn't even cover the game the next day).

Iron Duke, yep, that's what I'm talking about. They smile in the coach's face, the backstabbers (props to the OJays).

Kurt, you're right about the troll but the message itself will find groundswell among the onboarders. 

I am excited for this year and I hope we catch everyone by surprise. I think the addition of Mason will be a huge help because now teams can't collapse on Soko and McKoy, which was a concern with the Smurf backcourt. I'm looking forward to seeing White play, and I sense Colter will have a good year. Should be fun. 

Board footera