Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2022 7:14 pm  #1

4/14/2022 9:30 am  #2

Re: Dukes Get A Big

We recruited her out of high school and as I recall, she is originally from an eastern European country, so she fits in from that perspsective.

But I am greedy and I would like to see us grab another big.  One name in the portal that is really intriguing is Rita Igbokwe from Pitt.  I am hoping we are talking to her and trying to convince her to stay in Pittsburgh, and with Selma and Ayanna already in the fold, a proven shot blocker like Igbokwe would be the icing of the cake to solidify the front line.  

Of course, I would be more than happy to see us bring in Alexa Williamson out of Temple, as she would also be a very strong addition.

Last edited by DU90 (4/14/2022 9:33 am)

4/14/2022 11:11 am  #3

I watched some of the Pitt women as well.   And Rita takes a lot of heat from their message boards.  She was the absolute least of their problems last season.   I would like her to cons her as well. I thought she was greatly improved this season.

4/14/2022 11:39 am  #4

Getting the additional help from the two new signees for the front court is a plus -- It appears now that there are two scholarships remaining --   I would like to see one of them devoted to a shooter/scorer type preferably in the front court.   

4/16/2022 7:22 am  #5

They need athletes who can defend against speed and quickness.  They also need someone on offense who can penetrate and break down defenses.

4/16/2022 7:04 pm  #6

It doesn’t matter who leaves, who stays or who comes in (unless it’s LeBron James in drag). This team is so poorly coached and has such a terrible offense and plays no defense that it is impossible to have success. If you can’t be one of the best teams in the A10 which is a mediocre conference then only dramatic changes in all aspects starting with the coach give any hope to reverse the problems. I would hope Harper is given Burt an ultimatum because he must see this guy can’t and doesn’t even try to coach during the games. He just stands there complaining to the refs and watches the world go bye. What a shame.

Board footera