Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2022 3:41 pm  #1

4/25/2022 5:40 pm  #2

Re: Bekelja In the Transfer Portal

I really hope he finds a great fit for himself with a winning, low-major, D-1 program. He deserves it.

4/26/2022 2:55 pm  #3

phil95 wrote:

I really hope he finds a great fit for himself with a winning, low-major, D-1 program. He deserves it.

Kent State?  it would not surprise me

5/13/2022 9:32 pm  #4

Styles1229 wrote:

phil95 wrote:

Kent State?  it would not surprise me

You called it, Styles1229. Kent State, it is. Reunited with his brother.

5/13/2022 10:55 pm  #5

Good for him! Wishing Mike the best. He was painfully in over his head here. Not his fault. 

5/14/2022 12:43 pm  #6

This post is not DUQUESNE specific, nor is it DAMBROT specific.
If the NCAA does not close the portal and reinstate a one year sit-out transfer ruling, the game of college basketball that we all grew up loving will be (already is?) destroyed.
I was of the impression that Covid was the driving force for the portal rule. Is it not normal enough today to un-portal?
I am aware that the power schools now control the NCAA and their rules committee, but unless the remaining smaller schools unite in protest, they (we) will continue to be feeder programs for the big boys to play the type of basketball we all grew up loving.
Until this type of scenario comes to fruition, every non-power school's blog site will read like our site. Transfers, who's to blame, why did so-and- so leave, it's the coaching staff....

What I say is not without holes and  exceptions but I firmly believe that until (if ever) this unrighteous portal is closed or regulated our past love of "the game" will fade.
The other side is bigger and stronger. All I ask for is a level field and a fair fight. It won't be so one-sided then.

5/14/2022 3:14 pm  #7

The portal arose from a double dagger:  COVD and the ever-popular Supreme Court, who ruled unanimously against NCAA procedures.  The bungling NCAA has blown college sports.  It’s all about greed.

Tri most likely will play center again.  He has skills in that position, but not against seven foot players. He doesn’t seem to have a mid-range game, so…. Very much need a skilled center who can play now.  And as ever, don’t count too much on freshmen.

Board footera