Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/02/2022 10:11 am  #1

6/02/2022 2:15 pm  #2

Re: PSN ARTCLE - Q & A WITH KEITH DAMBROT

Nothing significant or new in the interview.

6/03/2022 7:00 am  #3

Yes, not much in terms of news; but no claims made in regard to success or quality of players.  I guess he’ll know more after a month or so in the gym with the new team.

6/03/2022 2:52 pm  #4

I don't believe KD plans on making the same mistake twice! The less said about the prospective team the better!

6/03/2022 5:13 pm  #5

Not a good sign that he wouldn’t even touch the city game.  Even a we’re working on something for the future would be better than no comment. How long until we realistically see the city game again?

6/03/2022 5:29 pm  #6

-I was hoping that McGriff is actually the 6' 6" 2 -guard that most scouting services & pundits say he is & that he would be played as such by DU. The fact that KD sees him as a wing player along with Hronsky is not a BIG deal. Quincy is just a bit less attractive to me as a 3 than if he were a pure 2 with great size, length, & athleticism for that position. I still have high hopes for him & his 3 years of remaining eligibility.

In this Q & A  KD is up to his usual half-truths & revisionist history:
-He stunk at CMU after inheriting a decent, veteran team but, he was just 32 years old & made a huge error in judgement. (I think he deserves a pass on this due to his age at the time.) KD had a great record at Akron winning immediately after inheriting a decent team. Before last season, he had been OK at DU after inheriting a  certified dumpster fire. None of these details seem debatable.
-His CMU teams had losing records in both 92' & 93'. If you are going to site proof of your record twice in the same interview, I think you have an obligation to get it right. Does anyone really believe this guy doesn't know exactly which years he had losing records & got fired? When have you heard him misquote his Akron results?  
-"We’ve shown we can win, we won even when three guys quit." I don't really think going 7-6 down the stretch with 2 of those wins coming against that particular Fordham team can be described as "winning". 
-KD went on the record several times when those 3 players departed saying specifically that they did not quit on the team, him, the program, etc.... (Of course, they did.) He followed that up with the same party line last summer. Further, he tripped all over himself saying that Maceo was & is not a quitter. What has changed?  Is this kind reversal of public commentary the sort of thing that sets recruits & current players up for good relationships with the staff?

-"When you have a big family like we have, you’re going to have an issue or two here or there. Every family has it. We definitely overcorrected the year before, we were just tired of the crap but this year we just worked hard and tried to fix it. The red portion of this quote is a steaming pile of horse dung coming from this particular coach as relates to his time at DU. He has had dozens of personnel whiffs. However, in fairness, I am encouraged by the part of the quote highlighted in blue. Maybe last year's dose of humility will get this coaching staff back on track. 
-I feel safe writing that as the program heads into season 6 of the Dambrot era, there are no Dukes fans that care much about what happened at CMU, St. Vincent-St. Mary, or Akron.  Personally, I am tired of hearing about what I now consider to be meaningless ancient history and feel insulted as a devoted fan when I have to listen to KD massage the facts to fit whichever narrative he chooses to push at any given time. The moment has come to put-up or shut-up! Maybe both.

Last edited by phil95 (6/03/2022 5:37 pm)

6/04/2022 7:49 am  #7

I'll be very surprised if we see a city game as long as Capel is coaching Pitt. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose by participating. Believe it's that simple. 

6/04/2022 7:53 am  #8

On the other hand, KD has everything to gain and nothing to lose by playing Pitt. I believe that Capel is starting to get things moving a bit there and Pitt will be a tougher out for many teams than they have been.

Board footera