Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/17/2022 1:35 pm  #2

Re: Bob McKillop Retiring

I believe that there are going to be a lot of good college coaches that will retire in the next few years. The portal and NIL is just too much to deal with along with the change in kids attitudes. Basically going to look a lot like AAU basketball, which in my opinion is garbage (attitudes and structure)compared to high school ball.

6/17/2022 1:37 pm  #3

Bob’s son, Matt McKillop, named as new head coach at Davidson.
https://twitter.com/DavidsonMBB/status/1537862507146006528?s=20&t=9bJQi-yJS789jq8DHm7oSg

6/17/2022 3:41 pm  #4

This is a huge loss in coaching cache for both Davidson & the A-10. I have always thought McKillop brought respect, professionalism, & dignity to the coaching ranks of the A-10. 

However, I have always believed that his demeanor & look had a lot to do with him being a bit overrated as a tactician & winner.

He had only one post season run of note in 33 years & that was with one of the dozen best players to ever play the sport & competing in an insignificant conference. Outside of conference tournaments, his teams haven't won a postseason game in 11 years. Take away Curry & Davidson's run to the CBI quarterfinals in 2011 & his record after conference tournaments is a dismal 1-16. Even after adding Curry & the CBI back in the mix that record improves only to 7-19.

Don't get me wrong, he was a very good coach that I would have loved to see at DU. He's just not the mid-major titan he is sometimes considered to be.

6/18/2022 9:50 am  #5

Thought he was a good coach and a class act who represented Davidson well both on and off the court. Not many around of his caliber these days. Just my opinion.

Board footera