Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/17/2022 7:11 am  #1

Colgate Game

ANY media coverage?

11/17/2022 9:17 am  #2

Re: Colgate Game

As far as I know, this game will not be televised or streamed in any fashion.

LIVE STREAM: NONE
RADIO: 104.7 HD2 / iHeartRadio with Ray Goss ('58) & Tad Maurey

I’m also hoping that Zac Weiss or Dave Mackall will be making the trip over to Akron to provide reporting on the game.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (11/17/2022 9:19 am)

11/18/2022 9:41 am  #3

Dukes +3 tonight. Unfortunately, no streaming only radio. This should be a very entertaining CB game. Watched highlights Toothpaste U win over Syracuse. Can’t stay in a zone against pure shooters. Dukes should be deeper. Tight man & maybe press which could be a problem. This game is a very good barometer for the season. If the Dukes are to contend to the top of the A10 a very solid win would indeed help the cause. Do you think Nike could have covered a stream. Oh well we go back to the days of Bob Prince, Myron Cope, Mike Lange & Ray Goss. Go Dukes

11/18/2022 11:46 am  #4

11/18/2022 9:37 pm  #5

When you beat a team on a neutral court that just smacked Syracuse (at Syracuse) by 12 points, you're looking at a team with talent and a winning attitude. Let's get them the support they've earned.

11/18/2022 9:51 pm  #6

Super pleased with the win. Those last two minutes were painful to listen to though. Too stressful!

Last edited by BluffHunter (11/18/2022 9:52 pm)

11/18/2022 10:01 pm  #7

Per An Article in Pittsburgh Sports Now --  Gunn missed the game due to a Walking Boot --  BUT it was on his OTHER Foot -  So NOT related to previous injury --  Easley's DNP was "disciplinary related"

GREAT to pull out a win "away from home"  against a solid team,

11/18/2022 10:14 pm  #8

Was out and didn't hear game. Came home and checked box score on Duquesne's site and they have Colgate winning.

11/18/2022 10:44 pm  #9

ANOTHER media horror show! Radio broadcast cut out and was often times minutes behind the real stats. It is painful to follow the game via the stats. I understand that going to LeBron’s school and playing in his gym is a grand gesture by the coach. I like it. However, the AD has an obligation to the fans of the program to get full, complete coverage of the team via streaming video. After all, everyone can use Zoom today, as a for instance. If the Dukes are to return to Akron next year, then Mr. Harper has one year to find a donor to support the cost. ESPN has broadcast games from this gym, so it can be done. No need to stress the fan base with such terrible planning and execution. But, this is just another example that the fans are not cared for or about. This team can be good. The AD and his minions need to do everything to support them.

11/19/2022 10:12 am  #10

The Athletic Department will get it together as the season goes on.  They always do.

11/19/2022 5:40 pm  #11

HookShot wrote:

ANOTHER media horror show! Radio broadcast cut out and was often times minutes behind the real stats. It is painful to follow the game via the stats. I understand that going to LeBron’s school and playing in his gym is a grand gesture by the coach. I like it. However, the AD has an obligation to the fans of the program to get full, complete coverage of the team via streaming video. After all, everyone can use Zoom today, as a for instance. If the Dukes are to return to Akron next year, then Mr. Harper has one year to find a donor to support the cost. ESPN has broadcast games from this gym, so it can be done. No need to stress the fan base with such terrible planning and execution. But, this is just another example that the fans are not cared for or about. This team can be good. The AD and his minions need to do everything to support them.

Hi HookShot, long time listener first time caller. Thanks to everyone for approving me to post here. Your comment about comparing a production to knowing how to operate Zoom is hilarious. Instead of calling out people out with keyboard muscles, why don’t you send an email and ask why it wasn’t on the Internet.  Crazy idea, I know. Just my two cents.

Full transparency: I work in broadcast and a production in that building starts at 20k. Who wants to send the donation to Bryan Colonna?

11/20/2022 9:04 am  #12

Erik Kaminski wrote:

HookShot wrote:

Hi HookShot, long time listener first time caller. Thanks to everyone for approving me to post here. Your comment about comparing a production to knowing how to operate Zoom is hilarious. Instead of calling out people out with keyboard muscles, why don’t you send an email and ask why it wasn’t on the Internet.  Crazy idea, I know. Just my two cents.

Full transparency: I work in broadcast and a production in that building starts at 20k. Who wants to send the donation to Bryan Colonna?

Hey, Erik. Welcome to the message board; nice to have you here. Thanks for a peek into the production costs. Since you have some insight, I’m curious to know if you have any insights into the Cooper Fieldhouse games that are streamed by ESPN+. Are there similar production costs?  Does ESPN pick up the tab on these?  Does Duquesne make any money on these streams of home games?  Thanks!

11/20/2022 10:46 am  #13

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Erik Kaminski wrote:

HookShot wrote:

Hey, Erik. Welcome to the message board; nice to have you here. Thanks for a peek into the production costs. Since you have some insight, I’m curious to know if you have any insights into the Cooper Fieldhouse games that are streamed by ESPN+. Are there similar production costs?  Does ESPN pick up the tab on these?  Does Duquesne make any money on these streams of home games?  Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome, Phoenix. For the record, that’s a ball park cost and does not reflect Duquesne’s operation or intent. It is what I’ve seen charged to clients. Regarding what you are asking, I would email the department of athletics that question. It is not my business to speculate or share any knowledge I have to the public about someone else’s business.

11/20/2022 11:46 am  #14

Bilgy - Love your sarcasm

On broadcast - listened to some of the Dukes football game yesterday- on a "normal" band of 970 am
We have two vehicles - My 2019 has HD radio - My 2022 (which I paid dearly for) for some reason does NOT have HD radio.  Not looking for an answer here, but why two DIFFERENT radio stations for Duquesne and I'm sure the HD band is cheaper for the team.

Go Dukes

11/20/2022 1:35 pm  #15

FAM wrote:

On broadcast - listened to some of the Dukes football game yesterday- on a "normal" band of 970 am
We have two vehicles - My 2019 has HD radio - My 2022 (which I paid dearly for) for some reason does NOT have HD radio.  Not looking for an answer here, but why two DIFFERENT radio stations for Duquesne and I'm sure the HD band is cheaper for the team.

Go Dukes

FAM, not sure on your 2022, but I found on my vehicle that there was an option in the radio set up to turn HD Radio On and Off.  You might want to check your settings (and manual).

11/20/2022 4:48 pm  #16

FAM wrote:

Go Dukes

That's Bilgy Dude. I think he's being serious! 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/20/2022 8:12 pm  #17

Thanks Phoenix...but yes, I did all of that.
FAM

11/21/2022 10:37 am  #18

FAM wrote:

It's not really 2 different radio stations.  the HD feed is really just an FM feed for the AM content.  The 104.7 HD channel is always broadcasting the that AM feed - not just for Dukes games.  

Go Dukes

11/21/2022 11:54 am  #19

Well as discussed it would be nice to be able to travel to this one not on a Friday night at 6
In the future since  it’s obviously going to be an annual game in Akron can we please charter a bus to go up there on a Saturday?   Or at least be a 1 pm game so us old guys can drive during daylight hours!

I have a question for those who were there or might know.
What was the attendance number for this game?

Last edited by Motor (11/21/2022 11:55 am)

11/21/2022 11:55 am  #20

I saw a pic LeBron’s foundation posted of the team at his school last week.   One thing I noticed was I believe Gunn in a walking boot, noticed he didnt play Friday night.   Any word on his status moving forward?

Last edited by townsonkid (11/21/2022 12:22 pm)

11/21/2022 12:14 pm  #21

Motor wrote:

Well as discussed it would be nice to be able to travel to this one not on a Friday night at 6
In the future since it’s obviously going to be an annual game in Akron can we please charter a bus to go up there on a Saturday? Or at least be a 1 pm game so us old guys can drive during daylight hours!

I have a question for those who were there or might know.
What was the attendance number for this game?

MOTOR:  According to the Box Score on the School Web Page --  Attendance was 469 --  DON'T Know if this was "padded"   Was Not there in person

Board footera