Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/29/2013 7:30 pm  #1

City Game!

Lets go people lets start getting excited for tomorrow's game!  I hope Ovie has a double double and gives them trouble all day!

11/29/2013 7:51 pm  #2

Re: City Game!

Is anyone televisioning the game?

11/29/2013 8:12 pm  #3

apluski wrote:

Nationally televised by CBS Sports Network. Comcast Pittsburgh 854; Verizon Fios Pittsburgh 94. DIRECTV (channel 221) carries CBS Sports Network in its Choice Extra package while Dish Network (152) carries CBS Sports Network in its Classic Silver 200 package.

11/29/2013 9:15 pm  #4

It's regionally televised, not nationally televised. That's a good thing because we're going to get crushed. But hey, at least we got mentioned during the Arizona rout of Duke on ESPN.

11/29/2013 10:09 pm  #5

apluski wrote:

Were you once married to Ricky Ricardo, and do you have red hair?

11/29/2013 11:19 pm  #6

rittersdiner wrote:

It's regionally televised, not nationally televised. That's a good thing because we're going to get crushed. But hey, at least we got mentioned during the Arizona rout of Duke on ESPN.

It is the national game.

11/30/2013 2:00 am  #7

ElDuque wrote:

apluski wrote:

Were you once married to Ricky Ricardo, and do you have red hair?

No, but I'm a hell of a typer and an even better speller.

11/30/2013 5:58 am  #8

My first City Game as Duquesne student. Look for me in my oversize dark blue top hat! Hoping to root on a major upset of Pitt (favored by 18.5 points).

Lets go Dukes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rock the Consul!

11/30/2013 7:47 am  #9

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

rittersdiner wrote:

It is the national game.

Great. Now the nation gets to see how bad we are after McConnell interview about "stepping up to a higher stage." Great.

11/30/2013 8:42 am  #10

Duquesne looks to snap 12-year skid vs. Pitt in City Game

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/5158043-74/pitt-duquesne-ferry#ixzz2m8V0DL1k

11/30/2013 9:14 am  #11

Is it true due to Holiday the metered parking is suspended??

11/30/2013 10:01 am  #12

lilpav30 wrote:

Is it true due to Holiday the metered parking is suspended??

Yes.

11/30/2013 10:24 am  #13

Dixon and RE got along very well.  Both were gentlemen and Dixon really liked Ron...he could have crushed us last year but didn't.  I wonder if he will do the same thing this year or will he crush us at the end in honor of RE?

11/30/2013 1:16 pm  #14

So, six years is what it took Ferry to bring his NY team along.  Looking at the city game it is college vs. Jr. High.  Not even close.  In the first 5 minutes and DU can't do it.

11/30/2013 1:26 pm  #15

Back in the game...

11/30/2013 1:38 pm  #16

Yes, hope they can sustain it.  I think playing against these guys in the summer takes the
"star" top 15 team out of it.

11/30/2013 3:09 pm  #17

Well, another year, another embarassing loss. Oh well, it's not like we haven't seen these before.

11/30/2013 3:17 pm  #18

I have a few positives:

1.  Loved that defenese in the first half. No embarrasing open guys under the hoop, forced Pitt to take outside shots.  That was some solid D.

2.  Nice to see some actual size underneath. I was so sick of our usual 6'8" "big men."

3.  Some good natural young talent on that team.  Those guys can grow together.  I really liked Oko, Ridneour and McCoy and the three point gunner  (White?)  This is my one chance to see them play every year and they didn't disapoint.

4.  Hey, they went up against a team that has Top 20 potential and held them close until the second half when Pitt's depth (and our usual lack of foree throw shooting) made the difference.

5.  They lost by less than 21 points to a team that had beaten everybody, including some Top 25 caliber teams by more than that margin.  No shame there.

I hardly call that embarrasing.

I do not consider this

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/30/2013 3:33 pm  #19

Tejas_Duke wrote:

I have a few positives:

1.  Loved that defenese in the first half. No embarrasing open guys under the hoop, forced Pitt to take outside shots.  That was some solid D.

2.  Nice to see some actual size underneath. I was so sick of our usual 6'8" "big men."

3.  Some good natural young talent on that team.  Those guys can grow together.  I really liked Oko, Ridneour and McCoy and the three point gunner  (White?)  This is my one chance to see them play every year and they didn't disapoint.

4.  Hey, they went up against a team that has Top 20 potential and held them close until the second half when Pitt's depth (and our usual lack of foree throw shooting) made the difference.

5.  They lost by less than 21 points to a team that had beaten everybody, including some Top 25 caliber teams by more than that margin.  No shame there.

I do not consider this

Wanna look for positives? OK, here's one. No one died.
They lost by 17 points. Collapsed in the second half. You want to find great things from that, fine. I'm not in the mood for that now.

11/30/2013 3:36 pm  #20

Ritter:  The holiday weekend isn't over yet.  Why not go back to delivering "Dear John" letters to the yellow fever victims.  Tejas Duke-kudos to you for the positive nature of your comments after obvioulsy watching a different game.  Save a three to five minute brain cramp from the 12 minute mark after leading 44-41, the Dukes team played themselves proud. Yes, like it or not, Jim Ferry is building this team and program brick by brick.  And no, we would not have won even with our other 6'8" bigs and Micah Mason.  The Dukes have absolutely nothing to be embarassed about.

11/30/2013 3:36 pm  #21

Tejas_Duke wrote:

I have a few positives:

And they did it short handed. 

I am looking forward to seeing this team at full strenght.  Mason will be oiut another three week, but it looks like Watkins will start practice on Monday and may be ready to go next Saturday.  I just wish the NCAA would get off their A$$ and make a decison on Robinson.  Their commercials on how they back student athletes is BS.  They don't give a crap about kids (unless they play for a BCS school), if they did they would realize how they are screwing with a kids life while they keep his case as an unopened file on their desk.  #NCAAsucks

Last edited by CLK (11/30/2013 3:38 pm)

11/30/2013 3:39 pm  #22

Ritter:  I've been the most negative guy on this board at times, admittedly so.  Those first five minutes or so (13-3 Pitt) I was preparing a much different post in my head. (one that went more like  F**K TJ McConnell. F**K Sean Miller..............) and I even told my wife that I was not going to get emotional.  But they fought back, as I said, against a much better team.  Face it the last five or six of these games it was over before the end of the first half. That was not the case today.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/30/2013 3:56 pm  #23

Jay Jones, Ridenour and McKoy played hard. I didn't like Soko standing at the top of the key as Ridenour jacked a three, he seemed to sleep walk in second half(Soko)' and the free throw shooting, no excuse.
And yes it is a shame that the two frosh forward have not played and Mason got a broken hand, and I can see why Jerry Jones is sitting.

A diehard fan since 1961

11/30/2013 4:51 pm  #24

ESPN reported that Coach Ferry said this game was a measuring stick.  I hope the injured players can add depth to whatever was measured and the team improves to be competitive in the A-10.

11/30/2013 5:08 pm  #25

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Ritter:  I've been the most negative guy on this board at times, admittedly so.  Those first five minutes or so (13-3 Pitt) I was preparing a much different post in my head. (one that went more like  F**K TJ McConnell. F**K Sean Miller..............) and I even told my wife that I was not going to get emotional.  But they fought back, as I said, against a much better team.  Face it the last five or six of these games it was over before the end of the first half. That was not the case today.

You're measuring this team against the worst of the past. I refuse to do that. Moral victories are for losers. This is the one game I want them to play well in and they are now 0-13 and 3-32. Maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow, but not today.

Board footera