Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2023 11:07 pm  #1

Famous play calls by sports annoncers

1. Down goes Frazier…2. Havlicek stole the ball…3.Yes Sir…Vern Lundquest  on Jack Nicklaus Masters win 4. Better then most…Tiger Woods /Gary Koch5. Do you believe in miracles? 6. The band is on the field Cal/Stanford 7.Send it in Jerome 8. There’s the pass to Laettner 9. Elvis has just left the building 10. I think that guy has an Uber eats sticker…who is he delivering it to the referee? 😂😂😂Cannon/Benz Claasic👍

1/25/2023 11:15 pm  #2

Re: Famous play calls by sports annoncers

Here’s the video and the Benz/Cannon call. Classic.
https://twitter.com/Matt_Fortuna/status/1618433457004359681

1/25/2023 11:25 pm  #3

100% a prank by somebody trying to get 5 minutes of fame on YouTube or Tik Tok. He had a cameraman with him so I bet se will see him release what was filmed on one of those platforms.

1/26/2023 7:10 am  #4

Absolutely awesome commentary from Benz and Cannon there! All publicity is good publicity haha.

1/26/2023 9:23 am  #5

BluffHunter wrote:

100% a prank by somebody trying to get 5 minutes of fame on YouTube or Tik Tok. He had a cameraman with him so I bet se will see him release what was filmed on one of those platforms.

Rob Dauster on Twitter: "BREAKING NEWS: The delivery guy that walked on to the floor at Duquesne last night was NOT from @UberEats, he was from @DoorDash. And he was also fake, per @AustinHansenTV. Shocking twist in the saga of the lost delivery man. https://t.co/XAYt2IYfco" / Twitter

1/26/2023 9:34 am  #6

ESPN APP JUST POSTED MENS COLLEGE HOOPS short version of delivery guy post incident. Cannon & Benz comment as he exits about getting his tip😂

1/26/2023 9:40 am  #7

This is what social media has given us.   Fools.

Maybe if he made some $ off of it he can go clean up his look, get a haircut, new clothes and maybe see a dentist with that busted up mouth.

1/26/2023 10:28 am  #8

townsonkid wrote:

This is what social media has given us.   Fools.

Maybe if he made some $ off of it he can go clean up his look, get a haircut, new clothes and maybe see a dentist with that busted up mouth.

Let's all relax a bit.  Life/college is supposed to be fun.  For those of us getting upset about this, I think you are taking things too seriously.  Pranks have a long tradition in collegiate life and last night's was a good one.  We all got a kick out of it when it happened and a little extra charge from the residual national attention.  no harm done.  Kudos to the kid for giving us a laugh and continuing the long tradition of college tom foolery  

1/26/2023 11:58 am  #9

Well said . A college prank. Nobody got hurt

1/26/2023 12:03 pm  #10

Just saw Greeney on ESPN  show the prank, good PR for Duquesne U.

1/26/2023 12:07 pm  #11

Was it a college kid?  I honestly dont know
It is good PR, if people get a laugh out of it and move on, but people today will analyze this and look for an explanation.

I just dont want this to blow back on Duquesne, make the school look like idiots.   No fans, no one cares there, security sucks, anyone can walk on at Duquesne....

Last edited by townsonkid (1/26/2023 12:28 pm)

1/26/2023 1:39 pm  #12

1.8 million Twitter hits already and the first thing you see on Yahoo Sports. I didn't watch the game but heard about this incident from my brother. Ever noticed how often a Duquesne score (or any non-Top 25 A-10 score) is shown on ESPN?  (ESPN U will show it more often.)  They will show Duke 25 times before they show us. I'll bet a lot of people now know Duquesne hasn't gone out of business if they knew it ever existed. 

1/26/2023 1:56 pm  #13

Yeah, it's a prank.   People crowing and boasting about this like it something to be proud of.  SMH.    If the person had a knife, how funny would that have been?   

So the two most famous events in DU basketball recent history are getting stuck on bus in a snowstorm and being pranked.   I'm just bursting at the seams with pride.  Some schools get actually get positive publicity by making the NCAA tournament.   Not hosting one, or being pranked or being stuck in a snowstorm.  

Dambrot's comment sums it up "Only at Duquesne can a guy deliver food on the court during a game"    He actually didnt seem thrilled with it.   People don't usually make positive comments when starting with the words "Only at Duquesne"       

According to reports, "security" let him return to the stands and did not kick  him out.    Nice security there.  

Last edited by DuqBlue (1/26/2023 2:35 pm)

1/26/2023 3:03 pm  #14

DuqBlue wrote:

Yeah, it's a prank.   People crowing and boasting about this like it something to be proud of.  SMH.    If the person had a knife, how funny would that have been?   

So the two most famous events in DU basketball recent history are getting stuck on bus in a snowstorm and being pranked.   I'm just bursting at the seams with pride.  Some schools get actually get positive publicity by making the NCAA tournament.   Not hosting one, or being pranked or being stuck in a snowstorm.  

Dambrot's comment sums it up "Only at Duquesne can a guy deliver food on the court during a game"    He actually didnt seem thrilled with it.   People don't usually make positive comments when starting with the words "Only at Duquesne"       

According to reports, "security" let him return to the stands and did not kick  him out.    Nice security there.  

So you are "that" guy?  I bet when you watch Animal House you root for the Dean.  I'm sure KD didn't like it.  Doesn't seem like he enjoys much of anything so you can be in his camp on this one if you like.  KD doesn't like Jimmy Clark tossing the ball off the backboard and throwing down a thunder dunk vs his former team in a game we had well in hand.  I bet you didn't either.  I did.  I enjoyed the prank too.  And I rooted for Boon, Otter and the rest of the Animal House gang.  you go your way I'll go mine 

1/26/2023 3:10 pm  #15

Remember the defrocking of the St. Joes Hawk by the Sheik’s. Can you imagine if the internet was around in the late 70’s? I still think this was very cleaver. Good PR for Duquesne. After all it was free. Maybe the deliver target was the Blue Lion.😂

1/26/2023 3:12 pm  #16

Yep, I am proud to be "that guy".    A mature adult that knows the difference between a movie and real life.    Awesome publicity.   All over the country college athletes and high school seniors are saying I want to go the Uber Eats prank school.   

Last edited by DuqBlue (1/26/2023 3:14 pm)

1/26/2023 4:15 pm  #17

According to Zach Weiss, the guy had a hidden camera and a friend with a camera to 
record the prank.
He brings in an empty macdonalds bag, fills it with tissue from the restroom and buys a drink 
at the concession stand.  Sets up the prank, does the prank and go it goes viral.'
No politics, no aggressive behavior. Just well a prank.
Not a lot you can do regarding security.
Fortunately, the Dukes won.

1/26/2023 4:51 pm  #18

townsonkid wrote:

It is good PR, if people get a laugh out of it and move on, but people today will analyze this and look for an explanation.

I just dont want this to blow back on Duquesne, make the school look like idiots.   No fans, no one cares there, security sucks, anyone can walk on at Duquesne....

I can confirm after some research online (Looking through instagram comments on @BarstoolBurgh on Instagram) the prankster is not even a Duquesne student but a high schooler from the South Hills. It was a nuisance to the game and no matter the excuse it shouldn't have happened. There is security at each entrance to the floor and often a police officer as well. The fact he was able to make it onto the court during play is asinine. 

1/26/2023 4:57 pm  #19

Here's an article with updates from the tribune with comments the athletic department made today about the incident:
https://triblive.com/sports/college/duquesne/duquesne-calls-a-foul-on-doordash-prankster-who-interrupted-game/

1/26/2023 5:02 pm  #20

BluffHunter wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

I can confirm after some research online (Looking through instagram comments on @BarstoolBurgh on Instagram) the prankster is not even a Duquesne student but a high schooler from the South Hills. It was a nuisance to the game and no matter the excuse it shouldn't have happened. There is security at each entrance to the floor and often a police officer as well. The fact he was able to make it onto the court during play is asinine. 

Thank you.

1/26/2023 5:03 pm  #21

BluffHunter wrote:

Here's an article with updates from the tribune with comments the athletic department made today about the incident:
https://triblive.com/sports/college/duquesne/duquesne-calls-a-foul-on-doordash-prankster-who-interrupted-game/

The athletic director did not quote Animal House or mention the great publicity.   What gives?

1/26/2023 9:16 pm  #22

Tremendous publicity.   On ESPN front page. Complete with the head coach making disparaging remarks about Duquesne. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35533170/duquesne-reviews-safety-policy-food-delivery-prank

1/26/2023 9:21 pm  #23

DuqBlue wrote:

Tremendous publicity. On ESPN front page. Complete with the head coach making disparaging remarks about Duquesne.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35533170/duquesne-reviews-safety-policy-food-delivery-prank

anyone who thinks this is bad publicity does not know anything about marketing

1/26/2023 9:48 pm  #24

Styles1229 wrote:

DuqBlue wrote:

Tremendous publicity. On ESPN front page. Complete with the head coach making disparaging remarks about Duquesne.

anyone who thinks this is bad publicity does not know anything about marketing

Using your logic it would have been better if the prankster stabbed someone.    That would have made the front page of every paper.   Not just the sports section. 

Yes, there is bad publicity. 

The US does not live in a world of “Eat Me” cakes anymore.   Children get shot in school.  Old people in the grocery store.   The athletes and fan’s safety at sporting events is not a joke.  And should not be treat like one.

Please explain to me how does this benefit the University.  How is one benefit going to come to the university because of this?

Last edited by DuqBlue (1/26/2023 9:50 pm)

1/27/2023 9:11 am  #25

Glad its blown over, and DU can fix their policies/staff to make sure it doesnt happen again.   And, overall, we didnt get hurt by the PR.   I just hope we can beat UMass tomorrow.

Board footera