Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/28/2023 6:12 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - University of Massachusetts Minutemen (A)

I would love to see Dambrot go full Penn State mode again. This is absolutely ridiculous.

1/28/2023 6:34 pm  #27

CityDuke wrote:

I would love to see Dambrot go full Penn State mode again. This is absolutely ridiculous.

That would be nice. Defending his players and the like. He's afraid like he's said numerous times that he might lose $10,000 from his million dollar salary for complaining about the refs. No wonder players split in a NY minute. That guy never has their back, but he does have a boat load of excuses.

1/28/2023 8:52 pm  #28

Frank Martin/ RJ Luis Press Conference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13SmquL1JnY

1/29/2023 4:20 am  #29

Great comments from Frank Martin about Coach Dambrot and our team that he made before the game:
https://twitter.com/MLBergman_/status/1619101728833679360

1/29/2023 4:48 am  #30

Fordham beat GW and now they are tied for 4th, SBU beat VCU, so here are the standings after another A10 Saturday:

1. SLU (7-1)
2. VCU (7-2)
3. Dayton (6-3)
4. Fordham (5-3)
4. GW (5-3)
6. SBU (5-4)
7. Mason (4-4)
8. Mass (4-5)
8. Richmond (4-5)
8. Duquesne (4-5)
8. URI (4-5)
12. SJU (3-5)
13. Davidson (3-6)
14. LaSalle (2-6)
15. Loyola-Chi (1-7)

1/29/2023 12:35 pm  #31

In the first half UMass had 15 second chance points and we had 2.  Completely manhandled on the boards and the 8th grade guard size is getting old quick.  Did you notice the length of several of the UMass guards.  KD should have played Burre, Dixon and Honronsky more in the out of conference and I don't think Dixon's knees were bothering him then.  As KD himself said in the post-game after Loyola "talent" really trumps coaching and our problem, as noted by UMass announcers, is that KD's primary "feeding ground" is the MAC.  Clark is our best player as he was a VCU recruit.  We need to get more players from Power 5 programs that want more minutes etc.  We need to pull down from the top, not up from a conference below the A-10.  Williams and Reece will not get you to the top of the A-10 if they are a primary bigs.  And here is a thought, have Williams shoot 500 shots after practice from the left, right and in front of the basket - FROM 2 FEET!!!  

1/29/2023 1:34 pm  #32

Pistol good points. I was very puzzled when Dixon came in the game dropped a pass & was never seen again. Less then a minute on the court. I hope that the kid was still injured & unable to play. Is this scenario a repeat of Hima? Dambrots Dog house is a dog house  but look at the lack of production from the Dukes 4& 5 bigs. Again Barree & Dixon are very athletic & the future.

1/29/2023 1:38 pm  #33

Pistol, that was a perfect post.   👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Board footera